Preschool manager: Abuja, Nigeria
A new preschool center/institution located in Abuja, Nigeria requires for immediate employment a Preschool manager. See Job Details below;
Position: Pre-school Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria.
Salary: Eighteen to Twenty Four Thousand US Dollars Per Annum (Net of Tax)
Other benefits: Return Ticket, insurance, Accommodation and a Vehicle
Job Role (main Objective): To manage the day to day organization of the preschool center and to ensure high standards of care, education, safety and well being of children, their families and pre-school staff.
Early childcare and education
1. Ensure that the developmental needs of children are met within a framework of planned activities and early learning activities.
2. In conjunction with the staff team, prepare long, medium and short term curriculum plans for the early years setting.
3. Ensure high standards of quality assurance in all areas of the early years curriculum.
4. Work in partnership with the staff team and management committee in implementing a broad, balanced and appropriate early years curriculum
5. Maintain all records as required by HSE
6. Adhere to the child protection policy of the group and report any case for concern
7. Keep strictly confidential any personal information relating to the children, their families or members of staff learned as part of the job.
8. Encourage the active participation of all parents in the group.
9. Organize and facilitate termly progress meeting with parents
10. Represent the group during HSE inspection processes.
11. Coordinate special events and outings
Management and Administration
1. Uphold, implement and regularly review all policies and procedures of the group in partnership with the staff team and management committee.
2. Maintain all record relating to the management of the group.
3. Manage pre-school budget, maintain income and expenditure account, carry out banking duties, keep petty cash records, supply a monthly budget update for the management committee, compile end of the year account.
4. Order equipment and supplies when necessary with management committee approval.
5. Ensure the group is adequately insured and all safety equipments are maintained and regularly serviced (inc. fire equipment, first aid resources)
6. Actively seek, process and submit grants application for additional funding.
7. Effectively market and promote the group.
8. Network with appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies including funding agencies.
9. Attend relevant meetings at night
10. Regularly monitor and evaluate the quality of service.
11. Prepare agendas and written reports for all committee / parents meetings
12. Prepare a monthly news letter for parents.
1. Ensure all staff/ student/ volunteers are vetted
2. Facilitate regular staff meetings / curriculum meetings
3. Offer support, advice, supervision and direction to staff team and promote a strong sense of team work.
4. Coordinate recruitment and selection processes when necessary in partnership with the management committee.
5. Carry out regular appraisal of staff performance.
6. Identify and support staff training requirement.
7. Carry out induction programs with new staff/ students/ volunteers
8. Encourage commitment to quality improvement through ongoing professional development for the whole staff team
1. From time to time Manager may be required to work unsocial hours or weekends
2. Co-ordinate fund raising on behalf of the group.
3. Ensure equality of opportunity for all staff, children and parents.
4. Lead by example; adhere to a professional code of conduct and appropriate dress
5. Ensure that high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times.
6. Attend any other reasonable duties relevant to the post
All applications, which must include an application letter, a passport photograph, a detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of your last or present pay slip, 2 references (with one from a past employment/employer and the other from a former supervisor) and any other supporting documents are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org