EFL Teaching - July 2012
Hello. My name is Susan and I recently graduated with an Ed.D. from the University of Southern California. Since 2001, I have been helping the American International Language Academy (also known as the A1 Language School) recruit quality teachers. The school is located in the heart of Hsinchu City, 40 miles south of Taipei, the nation's capital. We provide training in the English language to students aged 5-16. Please visit our website (http://www.a1americanschool.org) to see pictures of classrooms, current and recent teachers, and your potential students. We are looking for teachers to arrive at the end of June and start teaching on July 1st.
1. Requires you to relocate to Hsinchu, Taiwan.
2. Entry level position.
3. Applicants must have at least a Bachelor's degree, preferably in education.
4. Salary ranges between $24,000 to $26,000 USD triple net (bottom line, no tax deductions from the listed amount).
5. Furnished 2-bedroom apartment provided with minimal rent for approximately $200 USD, including utilities.
6. The contract is for a 12-month term and 40 hour work weeks every Monday through Friday.
7. No knowledge of Mandarin necessary.
8. Applicant must be of United States citizenship.
9. Applicant must work well with children.
10. Benefits include health insurance (including dental), seven days paid vacation upon completion of contract terms, and reimbursement of round-trip airfare to and from permanent address.
The experience of teaching English in Taiwan is challenging yet phenomenal and one in which most people never forget. Since cost of living is relatively low, teachers tend to be able to save enough to pay off student loans and the likes. If you have any questions, please call 310-668-1580.
TO APPLY- e-mail the following:
1) Cover letter.
2) Philosophy of teaching statement.
3) A copy of your resume or C.V.
4) A scanned copy of your valid passport (showing expiration date).
5) A copy of your transcript.
6) A copy of your diploma.
Once your application has been reviewed, an interview will be arranged at your convenience.