Teacher Training Department Manager, ILA Vietnam, HCMC
The Teacher Training Manager has overall responsibility for the delivery of Teacher Training Courses (currently CELTA, YL-Extension, Delta Modules and TKT). The manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the department as well as the arrangement of personnel from both Cambridge and other external sources to support the running of training courses.
Why Choose Vietnam?
Few countries can offer ELT teachers a lifestyle that compares to Vietnam as well as the opportunity to immerse themselves in a truly diverse culture. Vietnamese people are warm and hospitable and teaching in Vietnam is made extremely positive by the cultural appreciation of learning and profound respect for teachers. The cost of living is low, which means you can enjoy a fantastic standard of living whilst still saving money.
Why Choose ILA?
ILA Vietnam is Vietnam’s leading English language training organisation. We currently have twelve training centres, with eight centres in Ho Chi Minh City, two in Hanoi and one in Da Nang and Vung Tau, and we are growing steadily.
We currently teach over 30,000 students and employ over 350 expatriates in a wide range of teaching, academic management and administrative positions.
Our centres are designed, built and equipped to the highest standards, thus providing teachers, employees and students with an excellent study and work environment. We place a strong emphasis on academic quality and this is reflected in our approach to teacher recruitment, development, support and management.
Deadline for applications: 13th May 2012
Position start date: 18 June 2012
• Teacher training (CELTA, Delta Modules, YL-Extension and TKT as appropriate)
• Training and supervision of support staff
• Recruitment of trainees, trainers and assessors
• Management of teacher trainers
• Course preparation
• Course review and implementation of changes as required.
• Maintenance of all materials and resources
• Preparing financial / budgetary forecasts for the department
• Reporting on financial performance
• General course administration as required by ILA and Cambridge ESOL
• Planning of course dates
• Planning promotional material / content for all courses
• Promoting ILA through Teacher Training networks
• Overall management of the Teacher Training Department
• Reporting on the activities of the department
• Minimum of 2 years’ teacher training and/or management experience
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• A great deal of energy and enthusiasm
• Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Attention to detail
This position reports directly to the Business Development Director
Support and training will be provided by both the Business Development Director and the current Teacher Training Department Manager.
Remuneration and Benefits:
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive package which is based on qualifications and experience.
Applicants should forward the following to Recruitment, Head Office, ILA Vietnam, email: email@example.com
• Up-to-date CV
• Cover letter explaining how his/her qualifications and experience relate to the above criteria and reasons for applying for the position