English Teaching Positions Available at ILA Vietnam
Teaching positions available in Ho Chi Minh City, Vung Tau and Hanoi from May onwards.
Whether you are a career-minded ELT professional or looking for a new challenge overseas, you will find few opportunities to match those offered by ILA Vietnam.
Why Choose Vietnam?
Few countries can offer ELT teachers a lifestyle that compares to Vietnam as well as the opportunity to immerse themselves in a truly diverse culture. Vietnamese people are warm and hospitable and teaching in Vietnam is made extremely positive by the cultural appreciation of learning and profound respect for teachers. The cost of living is low, which means you can enjoy a fantastic standard of living whilst still saving money.
Why Choose ILA?
ILA Vietnam is Vietnam’s leading English language training organisation. We currently have ten training centres, with seven centres in Ho Chi Minh City and one in Ha Noi, Da Nang and Vung Tau, and we are growing steadily.
We currently teach over 15,000 students and employ over 300 expatriates in a wide range of teaching, academic management and administrative positions.
Our centres are designed, built and equipped to the highest standards, thus providing teachers, employees and students with an excellent study and work environment. We place a strong emphasis on academic quality and this is reflected in our approach to teacher recruitment, development, support and management.
What Positions are Available?
ILA Vietnam is seeking ELT professionals, primarily, to teach General English to Young Learners.
Remuneration and Benefits
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive financial and benefits package to teachers, which is based on qualifications and experience.
Highlights of the Financial Package
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by ILA
• Relocation allowance
• Health Insurance
• One month’s paid annual leave per annum for all salaried teachers
• Contract completion payment
• World-class facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Career pathway
• Option to take one of our Cambridge Teacher Training Courses; CELTYL (Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners) and DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults)
• Opportunities to get involved in ILA's charitable network
• Option to transfer between our training centres and to progress into senior positions
• Initial accommodation and airport pickup provided free of charge upon arrival
• Free Vietnamese language lessons
• Great social network including quarterly and annual social events, paid by the school
What are the Opportunities for Charitable Work?
ILA prides itself on being involved with and giving something back to the local community and has therefore established the ILA Community Network. Staff and employees can volunteer in charitable projects that include both fundraising events and volunteering options at shelters, orphanages, or the Cancer Hospital.
Please visit our website at http://www.discovereltvietnam.com/page.php?p=197 for more information.
To work at ILA Vietnam, teachers need:
1) University degree: This must be a 3 year bachelor degree or higher
2) To be a native English speaker
3) A qualification in English Language Teaching (CELTA or equivalent):
Your certification must be from a recognised provider and be a minimum
of a 4 week course and have an observed teaching component with
feedback. Any on-line certificates or distance learning will not be
counted towards certification unless they contain a substantial
Due to government regulations regarding work permits you will need to bring:
• The original copies of your BA degree and CELTA/TEFL certificate. Photocopies are not acceptable.
• A clean police clearance certificate from your home country. If you don't already have such a certificate, you need to apply for one before coming to Vietnam and arrange to have it sent to our address at ILA. Please ask us if you need help with this procedure. Please note that this is much easier to organise before you leave your home country.
You won't need these documents to enter Vietnam, but you will need to give these to us within 1 month of your arrival so that we can process a work permit for you. In short, bringing the above documents with you will enable you to be legally employed in Vietnam.
I’m Interested! How Do I Apply?
Please forward by email the following to our recruitment department:
1. Full CV, dated and with references
2. Copy of passport page with details and photograph.
3. Soonest realistic start date
For further information about ILA Vietnam, available positions, or volunteer opportunities, visit our website at http://www.discovereltvietnam.com/