English Language Teaching Positions available in Vietnam
Teaching Positions available in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Vung Tau, Binh Duong and Bien Hoa, Vietnam with September and October starts.
Whether you are a career-minded ELT professional or looking for a new challenge overseas, you will find few opportunities to match those offered by ILA Vietnam.
Why Choose Vietnam?
Vietnam is known for its sunny, warm climate, friendly people and delicious food. It is a developing country but its economy continues to grow rapidly attracting expatriates from around the globe. The cost of living is relatively cheap allowing expats to save money or go on holiday with little budgeting! Vietnam is centrally located in South East Asia which means quick and easy access to world renowned travel destinations! For example, world heritage sites such as Ha Long Bay and Angkor Wat are only a few hours away!
Why Choose ILA?
ILA is Vietnam’s leading English Language training organization. We currently have sixteen training centres located around the country. Our modern and well equipped centre locations include Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Danang, Vung Tau, Binh Duong and Bien Hoa. Our centres are designed, built and equipped to the highest standards. ILA uses the latest cutting edge technology to engage our students. At ILA there is the opportunity to use interactive white boards and other smart technology in your classrooms.
ILA provides unique opportunities to teachers that most ELT schools simply cannot offer. Our dedicated academic management team ensures that ILA adheres to a high standard of professional development which comprises of on going teacher support, feedback, peer observations, and workshops. ILA also gives teachers the opportunity to volunteer and be involved in the community through the Community Network. With fun and relaxing social events through out the year there are plenty of occasions to meet new people.
At ILA we have a variety of positions available for prospective teachers and managers alike. As ILA is continually expanding there are regular opportunities for progression for career minded teachers. ILA also has its own platinum certified Cambridge training centre and offers the CELTA for those interested in becoming English language teachers, the Young Learner extension to the CELTA for those wanting to focus on teaching children and the DELTA for those looking at getting into management. ILA offer incentives for any teachers that continue or start working for ILA after completion of these courses. All of our positions are for contracts that are 12 months in duration.
What Positions are Available?
ILA Vietnam is seeking ELT professionals, primarily, to teach General English to Young Learners.
Opportunities to teach adult classes including corporate and exam classes may become available at a later date.
All contracts offered to overseas applicants are 12 months in duration, but full time contracts come with a number of benefits.
Remuneration and Benefits
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive financial and benefits package to teachers, which is based on qualifications and experience.
Highlights of the Financial Package
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by ILA
• Relocation allowance
• Health Insurance
• One month’s paid annual leave per annum for all salaried teachers
• Contract completion payment
• World-class facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Career pathway
• Option to take one of our Cambridge Teacher Training Courses; CELTYL (Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners) and DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults)
• Opportunities to get involved in ILA's charitable network
• Option to transfer between our training centres and to progress into senior positions
• Initial accommodation and airport pickup provided free of charge upon arrival
• Free Vietnamese language lessons
• Great social network including quarterly and annual social events, paid by the school
What are the Opportunities for Charitable Work?
ILA prides itself on being involved with and giving something back to the local community and has therefore established the ILA Community Network. Staff and employees can volunteer in charitable projects that include both fundraising events and volunteering options at shelters, orphanages, or the Cancer Hospital.
To work at ILA Vietnam, teachers need:
1) University degree: This must be a 3 year bachelor degree or higher
2) To be a native English speaker
3) A qualification in English Language Teaching (CELTA or equivalent):
Your certification must be from a recognised provider and be a minimum
of a 4 week course and have an observed teaching component with
feedback. Any on-line certificates or distance learning will not be
counted towards certification unless they contain a substantial
Due to government regulations regarding work permits you will need to bring:
• The original copies of your BA degree and CELTA/TEFL certificate. Photocopies are not acceptable.
• A clean police clearance certificate from your home country. If you don't already have such a certificate, you need to apply for one before coming to Vietnam and arrange to have it sent to our address at ILA. Please ask us if you need help with this procedure. Please note that this is much easier to organise before you leave your home country.
You won't need these documents to enter Vietnam, but you will need to give these to us within 1 month of your arrival so that we can process a work permit for you. In short, bringing the above documents with you will enable you to be legally employed in Vietnam.
I’m Interested! How Do I Apply?
Please forward by email the following to our recruitment department: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Full CV, dated and with references
2. Copy of passport page with details and photograph.
3. Soonest realistic start date
For further information about ILA Vietnam, available positions, or volunteer opportunities, visit our website at http://www.teachatilavietnam.com/