Conversations With Foreigners is a popular English language center in Phnom Penh, providing affordable English classes to adult Khmer students from all walks of life. Profits from student fees are used to provide a sustainable source of core funding for development projects in rural Cambodia by our partner, CRDT (crdt.org.kh).
We are seeking Voluntary ESL teachers for our upcoming semester beginning September 3rd 2015.
Applications for future semesters beginning December, March, and September also welcome.
Teachers teach up to 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday, for the 12 week semester. Classes focus on conversational speaking skills in a fun and informal setting, following our unique curriculum designed to address the realities of Cambodian life through cultural exchange:
- This is a Voluntary position, but a great way to get your foot in the door. Our large professional network can assist finding paid positions upon completion of volunteer programme.
- Extensive On-The-Job Teaching Training incl. teaching workshops, observations, peer reviews, etc.
- 12 week commitment.
- No 'programme fee', but you do have to cover your own expenses. We have secure accommodation available for $725 / 12 weeks incl. meals.
- 24 / 7 Living support, incl. Khmer language lessons, social activities, day trips, travel arrangements, cooking lessons etc.
- Excellent opportunity for new TEFLers to get some experience and test the waters.
- Native or near-native level of English
- 18 years of age
- Submission of Criminal Clearance
- 12 week commitment
- TEFL / TESOL / CELTA advantageous
See more details in our Information booklet:
Please Apply via http://www.volunteerincambodia.org/apply, or email us for more information!