K-12 teachers (UK & US Curriculum) - Cairo
30,475 - 43,940 USD net per annum dependent on qualifications and experience
CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for experienced K-12 teachers for a well-established independent school in Cairo which offers the American curriculum and methods to PreK-12 students. With a faculty representing over 50 countries around the world, the school is truly international, offering students a well-rounded education which includes the study of English, maths, science, modern languages, history, arts, sport and bi-lingual English and Arabic social studies. Outside the classroom, students and teachers are encouraged to take part in extracurricular activities including field trips, performing arts and sports.
Vacancies for the 2015-2016 academic year are as follows:
• 4 Elementary Homeroom Teachers for KG and Year 1-5
• 1 Upper (middle/high) School Maths Teacher
• 1 Upper School Social Studies Teacher
• 2 Upper School English Teachers
• 1 High School AP History Teacher
All vacancies are open to both male and female applications, ideally from either the US or Canada, although suitably qualified British teachers with experience of the American curriculum are also invited to apply.
Minimum criteria to apply:
• BA from a recognised, accredited university, ideally in a related field
• K-12 certification from the US or Canada (i.e. State Teaching License etc)
• PGCE in a related field is accepted as long as combined with relevant experience of American curriculum
• 3 years’ teaching experience with K-12 students in related field
• Experience of teaching the American curriculum
Salary is based on experience and qualifications and ranges from (net) USD 30,475 for a BA and 3 years’ experience up to (net) USD 43,940 for an MA and 11+ years’ experience
If you have 5 years’ teaching experience with an additional 5 years’ education management, there is also an opening for a Deputy Head of School, offering between USD 55 – 60,000 per annum (net) dependent on experience.
As well as basic salary, teachers will receive a list of benefits:
• Housing allowance (paid per month, varying depending on single/married status)
• Start/end contract flights to Egypt
• Medical insurance
• 50% tuition discount for teacher’s children
• Free transportation to and from the school
• Work permit
• Annual leave entitlement including summer holidays, Christmas and Easter breaks
There are also a number of vacancies in the recently established British section, which uses the Cambridge Curriculum, including IGCSE and Cambridge Checkpoint Examinations, also for the 2015-2016 academic year:
• 2 Foundation Stage (FS1 & FS2) Class Teachers
• 4 KS1 Class Teachers
• 1 KS2 Literacy and Humanities Teacher
• 1 KS3 Literacy and Humanities Teacher
Minimum criteria to apply are as above, but with British K-12 certification (such as PGCE) and familiarity with British curriculum.
Salary and benefits for the British section are as above.
All teachers can sponsor spouse/dependents to live with them in Egypt. Teachers must obtain a tourist visa on entry to Egypt, which will be transferred to a work permit by the school.
All teachers must authenticate their credentials prior to joining
All teachers must arrange and provide proof of an HIV test prior to joining.
CVs to email@example.com