Why is Japan the preferred choice for teaching English in Asia? Why do so many teachers come to Japan to first teach, OR, after teaching in South Korea, China, or elsewhere? Is it because of its historical roots with its iconic images of the samurai, geisha, tea ceremony, Zen, and ninjas? Or, is it because people are attracted to its modern cultural imports of anime, cosplay, and J-pop? Some of the more practical reasons why so many people wish to teach and live in Japan are:
• It is a developed nation providing modern standards of living.
• It has a public transportation system that is the envy of the world.
• It also provides national health care which covers 70% of medical AND dental.
• It is one of the safest countries in the world with a law-abiding, non-discriminatory & friendly populace.
Why Teach for IB Japan? Why is IB Japan the school of choice for so many teachers coming to Japan?
• Our Head Office has experienced North American directors and trainers who have many years of teaching and administrative experience. You will be speaking with fellow native-speakers.
• We have over 70 schools and employ over 90 native-speaking teachers, this experience speaks for itself.
• Class size is limited to 8, lessons are under an hour, & total teaching hours are under 27 contact hours per week.
• IB Japan has been successfully providing English educational instruction for over 30 years. We have a special relationship with Narita Airport providing lessons & conducting PR events for the airport.
• The average stay of an IB Japan teacher is two years with many having stayed with us for 5-10 years.
IB Japan (IBE & ALS) is currently hiring for a teaching positions starting in April of 2015. We are primarily based in Chiba Prefecture which is next to Tokyo but have schools in other prefectures as well. We offer an exciting teaching opportunity requiring serious job dedication, cultural respect & flexibility, self-organization, creativity, enthusiasm, and professional pride.
The experience at IBE/ALS is both rewarding and challenging. All FULL-TIME teachers teach under 27 (contact) hour 5-day workweek within an eight hour time period. We expect teachers to be professional both in attitude & appearance, actively participate in all teacher meetings, workshops, & seminars, be flexible, & have a sincere desire to continue to improve as a teacher & as an IBE/ALS employee.
IB Japan Benefits include:
• 1.5 year contract with full visa sponsorship.
• Single dwelling apartment, minimally furnished, and a maximum rent of 55,000 yen.
• 250,000 yen starting salary with all work related transportation fees reimbursed.
• Salary increases for contract renewals.
• 5 Weeks of vacation: 2 weeks in summer, 2 weeks in winter, 1 week in spring per full year.
• 5 added Contingency Days after 6 months of employment - can be used as sick or extended vacation days.
• Any unused Contingency Days can be redeemed for payment at the end of the contract.
Instructions for Applying: Please provide the following information: 1) your resume; 2) a cover letter; 3) a professional picture; and 4) a relaxed personal picture (tasteful) of yourself preferably standing either inside or outside and can include friends. Apply to:email@example.com
We are currently seeking to fill immediate positions. SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY, PLEASE. We look forward to your response.
• A University Degree is required for a Visa or a Working Holiday Visa.
• Must be a Native English Speaker.
• ESL / EFL teaching experience (Teaching experience with children highly preferred)
• CELTA / TESL / TEFL Certificates favorable.
IB Japan has been in business for 32 years and is a proud member of ‘Japan Association for the Promotion of Foreign Language Education’ (JAPFLE) sponsored by Japan’s Ministry of Education. (Please check our listing) IBE/ALS is also affiliated with the Narita Airport Authority in organizing PR events, providing translation work and lessons, evaluating the English skills of Air Traffic Controllers, providing English lessons for support staff, etc. We take teaching seriously.