This is an Exciting Opportunity to Teach in Colombia!
The Colombian government has launched a nationwide program designed to improve levels of English for students in government schools and technical training centres. Foreign teachers will be sponsored to teach English in a range of educational establishments that serve lower and middle-income students and communities.
This is a unique opportunity for new teachers to gain valuable teaching experience in a supported program, to have an amazing cultural immersion opportunity with likeminded international teachers and to shape the future of the students they teach. It is ideal for newly qualified teachers seeking their first teaching experience. You will have a thorough 2-week orientation with practical training in Bogota and then gain valuable professional development and support during the program.
There are placements in elementary schools, high schools and in adult education centres. Some teachers will be co-teaching with a Colombian counterpart, while others will teach your classes independently.
English Language Company, Sydney (ELC) has been invited to partner with a local Colombian volunteer organisation to recruit, orientate, train, place and provide support for these teachers at local Colombian schools.
1. June 14th – Contract completion 15th December (Technical college placements)
2. June 21st – Contract completion 26th November (School placements)
Working hours: 25 hours per week + 15 hours admin, lesson planning, meetings etc.
Stipend: Monthly stipend of 1,500,000 Colombia peses
Completion Bonus: 500,000.00 COP
- 2 week orientation and training in Bogota with accommodation and meals
- Transport to placement and first month’s accommodation
- Pre-departure and ongoing academic and welfare support
• Degree preferred although non-degree applicants may apply
• TESOL/TEFL qualification preferred
• No experience required
• Sense of adventure essential
For more information email us at:
Copyright © 2004-2017 - ESL JOBS - English teaching jobs - All Rights Reserved