Academic Coordinator / Part-time TEFL Course Instructor Needed in Peru
Extreme Learning Center is looking for an Academic Coordinator/part-time TEFL course instructor. The position requires at least a 9 month commitment. ELC has been a leader in EFL courses for Peruvian students for nearly a decade. We are located in beautiful Arequipa, Peru. We serve nearly 700 daily English language students and monthly TEFL courses through our partnership with Via Lingua International and The International TEFL Academy. Our programs are accredited by the Peruvian Ministry of Education and other international organizations.
The Academic Coordinator/Part-time TEFL course instructor is responsible to:
• Provide monthly support to teachers with academic-related procedures, including preparing materials and various paperwork (lists of students, attendance sheets, gradesheets, etc.) for teachers, conducting monthly meetings with teachers, providing support with academic-related problems and concerns, and assigning rooms for classes, among others.
• Assist the Director and Operations Manager in coordinating day-to-day academic operations, including daily communication with teachers, students and staff and arrangement of substitutions when needed.
• Assist the director with creating/modifying academic materials, such as exams and curriculum guides, and administering placement and late exams.
• Assist the Operations Manager in providing support to arriving new teachers and TEFL students, including meeting them at the airport and arranging accommodations.
• Assist the director in providing teacher training, including initial orientation for new teachers, teacher observations, review of lesson plans, workshops and seminars, and lesson plan guidance if needed.
• Assist the director in teaching our TEFL certification course. Specifically, this position will assist with teaching the grammar portion of the course and observing TEFL students during student teaching.
REQUIREMENTS: While a Master’s degree in linguistics, education or TESOL is an asset, it is not a requirement. A bachelor’s degree plus TEFL certification and two years of EFL teaching experience is a minimum requirement. Additionally, we are looking for a natural leader, an organized mature person who has a positive attitude and enjoys helping others become their best.
SALARY: S/2,500 per month (approximately $850 U.S.). Note: The cost of living in Arequipa is low and this salary will allow for a nice lifestyle in our community. Additionally, we allow our Academic Coordinator to teach other courses if they wish too (earning additional income).
Send your resume, references, photo and cover letter to: email@example.com (Prof. Larsen, Executive Director).