English Language Instructor Opportunity in Saudi Arabia, Spring 2015
POSITION TITLE: ESL Instructor
LOCATION: Saudi Arabia (Eastern Province)
START DATE: April 1, 2015
ESL instructors teach up to five (5) hours per day for a total of 24 hours weekly, including in-class instruction and CALL labs. They are responsible for meeting the English language learning needs of Saudi trainees ages 18–22 in classes averaging 16 trainees at Saudi Electric Services Polytechnic’s Juaymah Training Center, where students follow an integrated instructional program that also includes math, science, and health/safety subjects. Instructors follow the established curriculum and comply with course assessment policies and procedures. In addition to teaching, duties include lesson preparation, marking homework and class assignments, student consultation, and administrative duties relating to instruction.
• Teach 24 hours per week
• Supervise Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) lab sessions
• Prepare lesson plans, mark class and homework assignments
• Provide office hours for student consultations and advice
• Give course quizzes and tests in accordance with program requirements
• Mark tests and record grades using the learning management system
• Keep accurate student attendance in the student information system
• Attend and participate in staff meetings as required
• Implement academic quality assurance mechanisms, including student mid- and end-of-course evaluations
• Participate in ongoing professional development
• Utilize the learning management system for instructional and administration purposes
• Demonstrate professional behavior at all times
• Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to student learning
• Fluent English speaker
• Citizen from the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa (subject to visa availability)
• A bachelor’s degree in ES/FL or a suitable subject area from an accredited Western university (master’s degree in the field preferred)
• CELTA (or equivalent) certified
• A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant teaching experience at the secondary, technical, or tertiary level, preferably in the MENA region
• Knowledgeable, experienced and enthusiastic about using educational technology for teaching purposes
• Familiarity with and respect for the multicultural diversity and traditions that exist in Saudi Arabia
• Academic or other background in math, science, or safety and health is particularly encouraged.
Renewable one-year, single-status contract includes generous tax-free salary, housing/transportation/utilities/communications allowances, personal effects shipment, airline ticket(s), paid summer break and Saudi national holidays, health insurance, and end-of-service gratuity.
• To apply: click on https://apply.amideast.org/ATS_CLIENT/ . Scroll to the Saudi Arabia ESL Instructor job listing where you will be able to apply online. Once you create your account, you will need to upload your CV and a cover letter; additional documents will be requested from candidates being considered for interview. Kindly indicate the date you are available for work in your cover letter and/or in the relevant data field.