English Language Teacher, Dammam
English Language Teacher (International Institute for Languages) National Industrial Training Institute, Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
14,400 SAR per month plus free accommodation, health coverage, visas and return flights
Kaplan International Colleges offers university preparation in partnership with leading universities in the UK and US. KIC programmes offer a high level of personal support as well as access to the facilities and resources of our university partners. KIC also operates partnerships in Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, China, Australia and the US preparing students for entry to higher education programmes. International Institute for Languages, is a Saudi based company and part of IGIT one of the leading Training and Consultancy Companies in the Middle East. IIL will be the direct employer and will provide all HR related services such as accommodation, health coverages, visas, transportation etc.
The National Industrial Training Institute (NITI) is an independent not-for-profit training institution that is established jointly by Saudi Aramco (SA) and the Technical & Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. NITI trains Saudi high school and Colleges of Technology graduates. The main program is of two years followed by 6 to 12 months of On-the-Job Training (OJT). NITI trainees shall be competent and skilled in their technical specializations, proficient in English, computer literate & technology efficient and armed with safety awareness, personal discipline and work ethics. NITI operates at two locations in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia; Abqaiq & Al Hasa. One location, Abqaiq, commenced operation in April 2014 with approximately 300 students. In September 2014 a brand new campus in Al Hasa opened with 1000 students, and will grow to capacity of 2,500 within 3 years. Further information can be found on the following website - http://niti.edu.sa/.
Kaplan International Colleges, will oversee curriculum development and delivery of NITI’s academic training modules which includes: English language, math/science, and information technology. The curriculum also contains co-curricular elements such as study skills, life skills, communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving etc. Our Saudi project partner, International Institute of Languages (IIL), will be the direct employer in-country and will provide all HR related services such as accommodation, health coverages, visas, transportation etc.
The International Institute of Languages is seeking experienced individuals for the role of English Teacher for NITI based at the Al Hasa Campus. Reporting to the Senior Teacher, the successful candidates will be responsible for the delivery of Kaplan’s English curriculum to national students who need a solid foundation in English which will allow them to enter employment with one of NITI’s partner companies such as Saudi Aramco (the state oil company). You will work in a technologically-advanced environment as part of an international team of faculty members.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• A minimum of two (2) years post qualification English teaching experience.
Must hold either of the following:
• A Bachelor’s degree in English, Applied Linguistics (or another Humanities subject) and a recognized teaching certificate such as TESOL, CELTA or DELTA
• Experience of delivering ESP, preferably in the Middle East region.
• Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
• Knowledge of the educational systems, landscape and aspirations of Saudi Arabia.
• Experience of using educational technologies.
• The ability to respond positively to change and to be effective in changing situations.
• Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines.
• Capable of working independently in projects at an early stage of development.
• Enthusiasm and be a performance-driven team player.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teaching English language and Academic Skills modules to NITI students - normal teaching load is 25 hours per week.
• Assisting with module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, delivery, marketing and provision of feedback to students.
• Providing academic leadership and coordination for a designated number of modules in the role of “Module Coordinator”.
• Contributing to the development of supplementary teaching material for modules delivered on NITI programs.
• Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
• Providing tutorial support to small groups of students
• Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
• Organising, accompanying and supervising students on field trips where required.
• Promoting student development through the use of technology-based learning.
• Participating in the development and organization of student projects within class, courses and programs.
• Attending and being available to travel for designated meetings, workshops, system-wide assessment and marking sessions and conferences as part of your duties.
• Participating in student recruitment, registration, induction and placement activities.
• Participating in cover schedule to substitute for sick colleagues.
• Participating in campus and community events
• Any other duties as required from time to time by line manager.
• Salary 14,400 SAR per month
• Free staff accommodation provided (including all bills)
• Medical insurance provided
• Contract is one year renewable
• Annual return air tickets for candidates based overseas
• Visa assistance
Application method and closing date
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role, via our online application form found at the following link - https://kaplanaspect.wufoo.com/forms/ryk85az1cgkmbo/