Teach in Cambodia-Get off the beaten track & have a real adventure of a lifetime
Forget the usual overseas teaching thing ......
Get off the beaten track and have a real adventure of a lifetime!!!
Experience authentic Khmer culture, by experiencing the day-to-day living immersed in the culture of this time-honoured place ... where time and technology still make room for historical practices and customs.
Asia English Teachers is looking for a few good people interested in getting paid to live and experience this fascinating place for a few months, get paid to do so, and start a wonderful new career in teaching. Or get ahead in the teaching industry by adding to your resume both qualifications and other countries, if you are already teaching.
If this sounds like an opportunity you are looking for, then come and join us in Cambodia for our Cambodian Instructor Internship Placement (CIIP) Program.
On this unique and incredible program, chosen participants will have the opportunity to gain an internationally-recognized TESOL Certification via our TESOL partners, LanguageCorps Asia, plus a four month fully supportive and paid 4-6 month teaching practicum.
On the program, participants arrive at LCAsia's main training campus in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for one of the listed start dates below. Participants will then spend four weeks at the Marady Hotel and take classes in how to teach, as well as up to 24 hours of Khmer culture and language training. Accommodation on the program includes western-style buffet breakfasts and laundry service.
After the four week TESOL training with LCAsia, program participants will then spend from 4-6 months doing language teaching at a local school in Phnom Penh via Asia English Teachers educational partners. The four month teaching practicum is a paid practicum – so that participants' accommodation costs, meals, and social life are covered during this time.
Details of the program are below:
Asia English Teacher's Cambodia CIIP Program
Program Start Dates: May 16th, June 15th and July 11th (Four Limited seats available for each start date).
• Two weeks of in-class teacher training with very experienced LCAsia's MA-qualified teacher trainers, in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Two weeks of observed and guided training with real language learners in Cambodia (at local Cambodian orphanages, international schools and universities, so you are giving back to those in need of communicative skills to change their lives). The observed and guided teaching, provided by LCAsia, will be specific to the teaching you will do later.
• This teacher training will lead to you receiving your internationally-recognized 144 hour, TESOL Certification, which you can use after the program to teach anywhere in the world (TESOL Certification provided by LanguageCorps Asia, and valued at $1,750).
• You receive 15 – 20 hours of in-class Khmer lessons with an experienced Khmer teacher.
• During this period you will stay at the LC-Asia hotel in Phnom Penh, the Marady. Rooms include hot water, air conditioning, wi-fi, cable TV. The hotel has a pool, gym, massage center, restaurant and 24 hour bar. More info on your accommodation can be found here: http://www.lc-asia.com
• Your stay also includes: free full western breakfasts Monday to Friday; your own cell phone for duration of the course; free massage; free laundry service.
• Welcome dinner on arrival, as well as optional Phnom Penh city tour.
• We can arrange for you to get scuba-certified with LCA's in-house scuba instructor, take a weekend trip to the world famous temple complex of Angkor Wat, or enjoy a weekend beach excursion to Sihanoukville
• 4-6 month paid teaching practicum in Phnom Penh ($800-$1,100 per month, depending on qualifications and placement) at international school, university or private academy. 25 contact hours per week.
Note that applicants must make their own way to LCAsia's main training campus in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for the given start date. Applicants should have a passport from the US, Canada,, UK. Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa. Applicants that are already TESOL Certified, may opt to do this program and gain LCA's Teacher Trainer qualification instead of a TESOL Certification. Interested applicants should send their resume (including date of birth and recent photo) to: email@example.com. A representative of AET will respond to your application within 72 hours.