Faculty Positions beginning 2015 Spring Semester - Daegu
Faculty Positions beginning 2015 Spring Semester
Catholic University of Daegu(CU), located near Daegu in Gyeongsan-si, Gyeongbuk, South Korea seeks qualified candidates for full-time faculty positions beginning in 2015 Spring semester.
CU was established in 1914. Actually it has about 15,000 students and 14 colleges and 84 majors including the School of Medicine and Pharmacy in addition to Graduate Schools. It has international relationships with 143 international universities in 28 nations.
1. Institution: Catholic University of Daegu, Korea
2. The starting date of Employment: March 1, 2015
3. General Qualifications
1) Applicants must be a foreign citizen and have a Master's degree or higher one.
2) Applicants must have at least two years of teaching or research experience in a University or College after obtaining a Master's degree.
3) Applicants must be legally eligible to work at a private University in korea.
4) Applicants must teach major courses in English or foreign languages.
4. Contract Conditions
1) Position: Full-time Faculty
(Professors, Associate Professors or Assistant Professors)
2) Contract Term: One year (renewable)
- Possible promotion and/or contract renewal before the end of the contract
3) Salary: Commensurate with rank, qualifications and experience
4) Taxation: Monthly salary is paid after deducting all applicable taxes according to Korea Tax Law.
5) Teaching Hours
a.12 hours per week / 16 weeks per semester,
b.During vacation -upon request (for 16 days)
c.based on actual teaching hours
6) Vacation: More than 4 months per year (Summer/Winter, paid)
1) Housing can be provided by the university.
- Professors are responsible for paying monthly rent and regular utility bills.
2) Office on campus is provided.
3) A contributory Employee Health Insurance Plan and Teachers Pension will be applied and the University will cover the employer fees.
4) If the employee returns to his/her permanent residence after completing the employment contract with Catholic University of Daegu longer than 2 years, airfare (fixed amount) for one way is provided.
6. Website: http://global.cu.ac.kr (See "News" )
7. Application Deadline: February 5th, 2015 (Korean local time)
8. Recruit Fields
Department : Foreign Language Education Center
Subjects : Practical English
Openings : approximately 5~9
9. Required documents
1) Resume with a cover letter and contact phone number/ e-mail address
Please use the university form (you can download at http://global.cu.ac.kr see ¡°News¡° )
2) One Recent photo (3.5 * 4.5 cm) - it is required at Immigration Office.
3) Copies of all degrees
4) Copy of the passport information page with photo
5) Copies of all transcripts
6) Copy of Alien Registration Card (if available)
7) Proof of listed job experience
Successful candidates will need to supply the following additional documents by February 5th, 2015 (Korean local time), but you can submit original final diploma by February 12th, 2015(Korean local time).
1) Original University Diploma(s)
2) Transcript of final degree
- Transcript with an official seal affixed. It must be sealed by university.
3) Proof of listed job experience at a university or college
11. How to Apply
- Only through e-mail (Dr. Yeo, Kyung-Hee e-mail : email@example.com)
by February 5th(Thur.) 2015(Korean Local Time)
- You can see e-mail address at the website http://global.cu.ac.kr See "News"
12. Further Information
- You can get information and an explanation of the positions in addition to information on contract conditions from each Head of Department
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Departments :Foreign Language Education Center Head of Department
Name : Yeo, Kyung-Hee
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org