Certified English Teachers (foreign TESOL instructors needed)
Starting January, 2015
To motivate each student to develop competencies, knowledge and skills in listening and comprehending, speaking, reading and writing in English, in accordance with each student’s ability and prior knowledge of the target language.
The successful TESOL candidate (a foreigner) has at least a Pass in CELTA certification or Trinity (for UK candidates) or very close equivalents(TEFL, TESL or IDLTM) and commits to BBLC’s Vision and Mission. The successful candidate will support ELL students through a student-focused model. He or she must engender excellent relationships with all constituents, be inspiring in his or her practice and be open to continuously improving pedagogy. S/he must be comfortable and creative in the use of technology.
For the first-year contract you will be working part-time (25 hours per week classroom teaching, excluding lesson planning time).
You may be required to teach in any of the following areas of the English language: General English, Specific-Purpose English (work or academic), Business/ Conventional English, and Test Preparations (TOFEL, TOEIC, SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc).
The centre is located in the Northeastern Rif of Morocco, Nador city. Its strategic location (Mediterranean-port, linked to Melilla - a Spanish territory - and having lots of natural resorts and resources) as well as the honesty and modesty of its people made it, not only a major trading center in the region of fish, fruit, and livestock, but also a cute touristic city (the annual number of foreign visitors easily exceeds 300,000 during summer time). Yet don’t worry; its standard of life is still astonishingly cheap compared to most cities in Morocco. An unfurnished apartment in Nadorcan rent for as low as $100/month. Its people are indeed kind-hearted and very welcoming to foreigners.
The BBLC language center is the first of its kind in the region. It is still freshly established (first opened its doors to the public in the spring of 2014). So, we would like to see you among the pioneers in our typical center to raise the flag of the English language in Nador city.
Meanwhile, unless you match the following criteria, please do not apply for the position:
The Ideal Candidate Has the Following Qualifications and Skills:
- Certification: CELTA, Trinity or a very close equivalent involving observed teaching training with a minimum of 120 hours teaching practice – TPs
- A bachelor’s or higher degree(in any discipline)
- Native or near-native speaking fluency along with deep knowledge of the English language grammar
- For diversity purposes, s/he must be a foreigner (the center already has 5 Arab instructors)
- Experience in and commitment to work within a student-centered framework- Ability to teach both adults and young learners (Mid-Career level) - Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective classroom management skills - High professional work ethics and a friendly personality.
- Excellent in presenting and planning along with audiovisual knowledge
- Ability to adapt in a country whose social environment (culture, customs and traditions) may not be compatible with yours - Most important of all, to be able to teach English the fun way.
Pay and Benefits:
-Monthly Salary Range in Moroccan currency (MAD):15,370.00 DH – 17,950.00 DH (as a starting salary for the first year contract depending on experience)
- 25% salary increase upon each annual renewal of the contract
- Lodging: provided accommodation for the first 3 months of service
- Paid Health Insurance: monthly medical coverage
- Airfare refund upon completion of the first year contract
INTERESTED CANDIDATES should submit the following documents electronically no later than January 15, 2015:
- Letter of interest (cover letter)
- Resume / CV
- Copy of diplomas and certificates
- A recent photograph
More vacancies: http://www.myeslrecruitment.com