English Schools in China. Apply Online Today!
BE MORE THAN A TEACHER. BE AN INSPIRATION!
Choose a career that opens up a world of new cultures, unique people, and wonderful travel opportunities.
Founded in 1983, HESS International Educational Group is the largest and most recognized private language school in Taiwan. We employ more than 600 native English-speaking teachers in 200+ HESS schools across Asia. Our staff has more than 30 years of experience looking after both new and experienced teachers just like you!
At HESS, you’ll work directly with a stable, well-established educational organization. We are not a recruitment agency, and we do not charge any fees. Take the first steps toward teaching English in Asia today!
WHAT SETS HESS APART?
1. FREE TEFL CERTIFICATION TRAINING PROGRAM: Teachers earn a HESS TEFL Certificate after completing our intensive, 120+ hour training program. Both new and experienced educators are welcome!
2. BENEFITS AND ASSISTANCE: HESS has more than 30 years of experience handling documents and healthcare for foreign teachers. We also provide free airport pick-up, hotel stay, and assistance finding housing (flight and housing reimbursement offered in some locations).
3. INTEREST-FREE START-UP LOAN: We offer an interest-free loan to help you get settled into your new home and career.
4. SUPPORT AND JOB SECURITY: Train in a large group to make friends and find roommates. Our schools also have a reliable Western management structure and ongoing training, communication, and feedback.
5. MORE OPTIONS: We offer full-time English-teaching positions at 200+ HESS schools across Asia, and we are able to accommodate couples and friends applying together. We also hire year-round for various start dates, so you can start teaching on a time frame that suits you.
6. COMPETITIVE PAY AND BONUSES: Earn enough to save money and live comfortably. Pay off loans or fund your travel adventures. Your teaching pay is complimented by yearly bonuses.
7. GUARANTEED HOURS: We guarantee a minimum number of teaching hours above what most schools can offer so you always know what your base income will be. There are plenty of opportunities to earn more by picking up extra classes or activities.
8. FLEXIBLE TIME OFF: Flexible vacation days and annual leave between contracts give you endless opportunities to explore.
9. MATERIALS PROVIDED: We write our own professional, award-winning curricula with lesson plans made for you. Class sizes are manageable, and local co-teachers will support you inside and outside of the classroom.
10. DISCOUNT ON CHINESE COURSES: A generous partnership with National Taiwan Normal University's world-renowned Mandarin Training Center offers discounts to HESS employees who are interested in learning Chinese. Courses are offered online, so you can study from any location!
11. ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Teaching contracts can be renewed annually. We also offer roles in curriculum writing, management, training, marketing, recruiting, multimedia, and more!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
HESS is looking for serious and committed candidates who are patient, flexible, enthusiastic, energetic and personable. You should also have a good sense of humor and genuinely enjoy working with children. If you think you have what it takes, visit our website for more information and to apply online: http://www.hess.com.tw.
1. Native-level English Speaker
2. Passport holder from USA, CAN, UK, IRE, SA, AUS, or NZ
3. Bachelor's Degree (in any discipline) OR associate degree accompanied by a TEFL/TESOL certificate
4. One-year commitment
5. Criminal record check
*Please note that these are the minimum requirements to apply for an English teaching position. There are no exceptions. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept your application if you do not meet all of these criteria.
THE BEST SUPPORT AND OPTIONS:
Teaching overseas is an enriching experience that will make you stronger, wiser, and more diverse as both a person and a professional. At the end of the day, job satisfaction comes from being good at what you do. HESS provides the best training, environment, and materials, empowering you to excel at teaching.
HESS also has bookstores, an award-winning educational research department and publishing company, an in-house training department, the HESS Educational Foundation, and schools in four countries across Asia. These features enable us to offer a range of opportunities for advancement and diversification to successful teachers.
More than 200 schools in:
* Mainland China
* South Korea
FIND OUT MORE:
The best place to start your teaching adventure is on the HESS website. It provides detailed information about working with HESS and living abroad. From there, you can also access our online application form. Visit http://www.hess.com.tw to find out more!
Apply online today! We're looking forward to hearing from you!