Native English Teachers Needed in Jakarta
Native English Teachers needed - Wall Street English (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Wall Street English (WSE) is one of the world's most successful private English language schools and currently operates in 29 countries with over 460 centers. With just 7 years in business in Jakarta, WSE's success has been phenomenal -- now over 7,000 students.
The first WSE in Indonesia opened in February 2007, in the heart of the capital city Jakarta, and is strategically located in a popular shopping district. The school's design is one built on the principals of elegance and innovation, intent on redefining the way Indonesians think about English schools. Five additional schools followed rapidly at a rate of one per year, covering all parts of the city. Expansion plans this year included a 7th school in Bandung.
WSE's students are mostly in their late teens, twenties or thirties, and are a blend of university students, office workers, high school students, housewives, and even celebrities. They are generally well-read and well-traveled, making them great conversationalists.
Wall Street English is owned by Pearson, the largest and most successful education company in the world. Our schools here in Indonesia have won the 'Best Service in Asia' awards and 'Best Service Globally' as well. So you can be sure that we are a company which holds to only the highest of standards.
Why teach at Wall Street English?
* Best paying private language school in Indonesia
* Teachers receive a year-end bonus worth approximately one month's salary
* Teachers who renew their contract are given an additional $800 renewal bonus
* Incoming airfare is reimbursed up to $1,000
* 1 month of vacation time: 16 days of annual leave and roughly 15 national paid holidays
* 100% of visa and work permit costs are covered
* Medical insurance is provided for both out- and in-patient care
* The average classroom size is 1:3
* Adult students + small classes = no classroom management
* We have high standards for recruiting staff, both locals and ex-pats, so you are guaranteed to be working with great colleagues
* We have internet for teachers and free flow of coffee
* Ample opportunity for professional growth and promotion, including managerial opportunities opening up due to our expansion plans over the next 5 years
* Housing is not provided but we'll help you get situated
* 1 week Teacher Excellency Training is provided
* Private airport pickup and transportation upon arrival
* Teachers are put up in a hotel for up to 5 days fully paid
* A staff "buddy" will assist teachers in finding accommodation and setting up a bank account
* $200 spending money is given on arrival
* Bachelors degree or higher preferably majoring in English, Linguistics, Education with an English-subject focus, Comparative Literature or an MA TESOL
* TEFL certified (CELTA/Trinity preferred)
* Native language English speaker with passport from the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand
* Be able to obtain a health certificate stating you are healthy in body/mind and free of HIV/AIDS
* Age between 25-55 years old
* 2+ years removed from BA degree
* Passionate about both teaching and life; friendly and outgoing
* Professionally dressed and well-groomed
Please write a cover letter in the body of your email indicating why you want to work at WSE Jakarta and attach only your CV to:
Attention: John Kotcher
Please note that only candidates who meet the above requirements and provide an adequate cover letter will be contacted.
Due to the large volume of applicants, kindly do not attach any additional files. Later in the recruitment process we will request CELTA/Trinity/TEFL certificates, college diplomas/transcripts, professional references, and other documentation if we choose to move forward with an application. If you have any problems contacting us, please email:
Thank you for your interest in joining Wall Street English Indonesia -- we look forward to hearing from you!