Native Speaking Professors Needed in Sihung City, Kyonggi, Korea
Korea Polytechnic University in Siheung City (Jeongwang Station, Seoul Subway Line 4, http://www.kpu.ac.kr) is looking for native speaking professors to join our small team teaching our freshman English program. The program has some of the smallest class sizes and highest contact hours per class in Korea, as well as considerable freedom to adapt the curriculum to your beliefs and teaching style. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic and responsible as well as talented at interacting with students and delivering content in a communicative manner.
- Teaching 3 freshman English classes of no more than 20 students for 6 class hours each week (total 18 hours per week). Classes are usually held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11.30am – 7pm.
- Meeting with students for 1 on 1 “English Café” conversation slots for 5-7 hours each week (English Café hours are paid at 15,000 won/hr in addition to monthly salary).
- Grading and other class administration.
* Professors will also be required to teach 5 week courses to university students on the Intensive English Program during vacations. This is a chance to specialize in a subject such as academic writing, debate, film English or business communication. There are 100 contracted hours across the two vacations. Hours worked above these are paid at 20,000 won/hr. Currently professors teach during only one of the two vacations.
- Basic salary of 2.8-2.85m won per month depending on experience and qualifications. There is often opportunity for overtime pay during the semester.
- A minimum of 8 weeks paid vacation, though this may be substantially more (professors received 14 weeks paid vacation during the 2014-2015 school year).
- Extra meals payment of 100,000 won.
- Contract completion bonus of 2.4m won.
- On campus modern studio-room housing with bathroom and access to shared kitchen provided. All bills and internet access included. Professors choosing not to live in the accommodation provided receive a 300,000won per month housing allowance.
- Enrolment in the Korean Teachers Pension Fund.
- National medical insurance (50% paid by employer).
- Free membership of the university fitness center and library.
- Native speaker of English
- Four years of research and teaching experience combined
• Master’s degree and two to three years of documented university teaching experience, OR
•Bachelor’s degree and four years of documented university teaching experience, OR
- A Teaching license
• Master’s degree and two to three years of documented public school teaching experience, OR
• Bachelor’s degree and four years of documented public school teaching experience
The minimum requirements are non-negotiable and those not meeting them will not be contacted. If you do not meet the minimum requirements, please do not apply for the position.
If you wish to apply for the position, please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on November 16th, 2014.
1. 1. Cover letter including (or separately) your philosophy of teaching.
2. Your résumé (CV) including contact details.
3. Copy of your passport (Photo side).
4. At least two reference letters with contact information including, if possible, one from your current supervisor(s).
5. A copy of all diplomas and/or teaching licenses.
Successful applicants will also be required to submit the following in order to receive a contract.
1. An apostilled copy of your diploma.
2. An apostilled criminal background check issued by a national agency.
3. Two passport size photos.
Preference will be given to applicants who are available for personal interviews, however applicants based abroad are welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received and interview candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks of the application closing date. If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com or call us at 031-8041-0811 during business hours.