Instructor & Senior Instructor Positions with YBM’s Adult Academies
YBM Language Institutes is searching for dynamic and professional instructors to join its teams in Incheon, Seongnam and Seoul. Korea’s #1 EFL organization for the last twelve years running, YBM is Korea’s premier provider of English language content and services. Instructors for the adult EFL programs are offered contracts whose conditions are guaranteed by its corporate office (no franchises) and supported by a company whose reputation is second to none.
Working with native-speaking English academic supervisors and English speaking administrative staff, instructors are provided with complete support and assistance to help students meet their language development goals through Speaking, Writing, Listening, Business English, English for Academic Purposes, and English for Test Preparation classes. Instructors make use of a combination of standardized lesson materials and texts, and materials designed by teachers themselves. Small group and one-to-one classes with adult learners provide each instructor with a meaningful teaching experience as well as opportunities for professional development. Come join our teams of professional instructors today!
LOCATIONS & START DATES
Note that applicants must be available to attend paid training sessions (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) in the third week of the month preceding their intended start dates. Teaching begins as of the first weekday on or closest to the 1st of the month, with the exception of English One to One branches which may have mid-month start dates.
• YBM Juan - November
• YBM Bundang - October
• English One to One (Jongno) * - September
• YBM Gangnam Daero* – October
• YBM Kondae Station - October
• YBM Jongno – October, December, January
*positions require at least one continuous year of full-time, EFL teaching experience with adults in a school setting.
• Base salary up to 2.5 million won per month.
• PREPAID, round trip airfare to and from Korea.
• Key money for housing PLUS monthly housing allowance.
• Paid pre-service training and accommodation.
• Severance bonus equal to one month’s salary, per year of service.
• Visa processing costs reimbursed.
• Employer contributions to national medical insurance and pension plans.
• Minimum of 10 days paid vacation + Korean national holidays.
• 50% tuition reduction on YBM Korean, Japanese, or Chinese language classes.
INSTRUCTOR WORKING HOURS
• Six 50-minute classes per day, 25 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday.
• Opportunities for Saturday classes (at above-overtime rate)
• No requirements for on-site lesson preparation (desk time) and after class events.
• Hold a valid passport and undergraduate degree from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa,
the United States, or the United Kingdom.
• Positive, energetic outlook and demeanor.
• Formal EFL teaching experience with adult learners, and/or CELTA, TEFL certification (preferred).
• Demonstrated student/service oriented experience (preferred).
• Competency with basic word processing and/or graphic design packages.
Senior Instructor Position: YBM Daejon
Contract Period: One-year contract beginning September 1 2015 (renewable).
YBM Language Institutes (YLI) is seeking qualified candidates to lead its team of teachers at its center for adult language learners in Seo-gu, Daejon. Being sensitive to the needs of the school, teachers and students the Senior Instructor should be committed to implementing a high-quality academic / professional program within the guidelines set by YBM Education’s head office. Good communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to handle a wide variety of job duties are essential.
The Senior Instructor reports directly to the Center Director for YBM Daejon and the National Academic Director of YBM Language Institutes. In addition to regular classroom duties the Senior Instructor is responsible for hiring, training, and development of instructional EFL staff, as well as regular student placement / level testing, and scheduling of classes (some teaching will be required). The selected candidate will work a six-hour day, Monday through Friday. Some Saturday teaching and level testing is required.
Senior Instructor Benefits
• Salary: commensurate with work experience and academic qualifications
• Housing: deposit of up to 10,000,000 KRW + 200,000 KRW monthly housing stipend
• Severance pay, pension, and medical insurance in accordance with Korean law
• Contract completion bonus
• 10 vacation days + Korean national holidays
Senior Instructor Qualifications
• Over 2 years teaching experience with adult EFL learners
• Bachelor’s degree (postgraduate degrees preferred)
• CELTA/TESOL qualifications
• Prior supervisory experience in an EFL context preferred
• Bilingual speakers (English/Korean) preferred
To apply for any of the positions listed above, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment history, and employment references).
• Scanned copy of passport information page.
• Scanned copy of federal-level criminal record check no older than six-months from time of issuance with affixed apostille
(notarized copy of a fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens).
• Scanned copy of university diploma with affixed apostille (notarized for Canadian citizens).
• If residing in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back) and signed letter of release from employer.
• Recent photo.
• Indication of preferred starting dates and locations (see above listings).
The complete set of documents is required for all applicants, regardless of current visa status and prior length of stay in the Republic of Korea. No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email.
Founded in 1961, YBM Inc.’s publishing, education, and testing divisions generated more than $420 million (U.S) in revenue last year alone. YBM Inc. publishes Korean language editions of Newsweek Magazine, National Geographic, and Reader's Digest, as well as being the official test administrator for the TOEIC exam and the Microsoft Office User exam. As the largest and most well-known education based corporation in Korea, YBM Inc. offers upwardly mobile career opportunities throughout through all its publishing, testing, and academies divisions.