Voluntary ESL teachers for 12 week placement in Cambodia
Conversations With Foreigners is a popular English language center in Phnom Penh, providing affordable English classes to adult Khmer students from all walks of life. Profits from student fees are used to provide a sustainable source of core funding for development projects in rural Cambodia by our partner, CRDT.
We are seeking teachers for our upcoming semester beginning 2nd September 2015.
Applications for future semesters beginning December, March, and June also welcome.
Teachers teach up to 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday, for the 12 week semester. Classes focus on conversational speaking skills in a fun and informal setting, following our unique curriculum designed to address the realities of Cambodian life.
We offer newly qualified ESL teachers an opportunity to test the waters abroad, gaining approximately 200 hours classroom experience over 12 weeks; as well as on-going teaching training sessions, observations, one on one feedback, peer reviews, and drop-in support.
We also provide a dedicated in-country support team, optional accommodation and meals package, Khmer language lessons, Cooking classes, and a range of organised social activities.
- This is a Voluntary position, but a great way to get your foot in the door.
- Orientation training begins 2nd September.
- 12 week commitment.
- No 'programme fee', but you do have to cover your own expenses. We have secure accommodation available for $725 / 12 weeks incl. meals.
- Full time Teaching support incl. teaching workshops, observations, one on one feedback, etc.
- 24 / 7 Living support, incl. Khmer language lessons, social activities, day trips, travel arrangements, cooking lessons etc.
- Great way for new ESL teachers to get some experience and test the waters, and gain access to our professional network.
- Native or near-native level of English
- 18 years of age
- Submission of Criminal Clearance
- 12 week commitment
- TEFL / TESOL / CELTA advantageous
See more details in our Information booklet: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37215910/CWFVolunteerinfo2015.pdf
Or visit our website:
Get in touch with Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org