Live & Work in GANGNAM: Teach only elm. 2.8+/month incl. full benefits (September)
Daechi LIA is located on a very famous street in South Korea known as the “Hagwon Street.” Only the most successful and prestigious Hagwons are placed here and it is a great opportunity for a teacher to advance their career in the field of teaching.
Furthermore, it is an opportunity for a teacher to live & work in the affluent areas of Gangnam! Daechi LIA is a minute walk away from Daechi Station (Line 3) which is only four stations away from Gangnam Station. Also, all hot spot areas such as Apgujeong, Itaewon and Hongdae are easily accessible.
The ideal candidate for this position is a teacher who enjoys teaching elementary school students who speak and comprehend English up to very advanced levels. Provided with a fully-developed American curriculum to use, average classroom sizes in Daechi LIA are 10-15 students.
Why work at Daechi LIA?
1. Prime Location – In the Gangnam district with all areas of Seoul conveniently accessible
2. Teach elementary – Focus on teaching well-traveled and studious elementary students
3. Extra money – Opportunity to make 200,000 to 400,000 KRW more per month with overtime
4. Full benefits of severance, medical insurance and pension guaranteed and provided.
5. Hagwon District – advance your teaching career and gain recognition by working at the prestigious academy street
Position: Native English Teacher (2 positions)
Start Date: September 1st - 12th and September 25th
Salary: 2.2 to 2.4 with housing or 2.6 to 2.8 without housing + chance to make 200,000 to 400,000 KRW extra per month with overtime (esp. during the intensive months)
Housing: RENT-FREE single studio selected by YBM or Housing subsidy of (400,000 KRW)
Korean Pension and Health Insurance: Fully comply with this regulation
Benefits: Severance pay, Vacation days + all national holidays off
Work Place: Just a minute walk from Daechi Station, Exit 1
Teaching Hours: Teach from 1:30-2:00p.m. and finish around 8:30
Please apply if you meet these requirements
1. A Native English speaker from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, or Ireland.
2. Qualifies for the E2 Visa – Apostilled Bachelor’s Degree and Apostilled Criminal background check
* Ideally applicants should have teaching experience in South Korea
Qualifying applicants should submit their cover email, resume, and a recent photo. As well, please indicate the status of your E2 visa documents or please e-mail them over if you have them in order.
Danny J. Kim
YBM Head Office
What to expect: Qualified applicants will be contacted by the YBM Head Office and given further instructions on the next step.
YBM/SISA founded in 1961 generated more than 420 million dollars ($US) revenues last year combining our publishing division, education division and testing division. YBM publishes Newsweek Magazine, National Geographic, Reader’s Digest and is the official test administer for the TOEIC Exam as well as the Microsoft Office User Exam. YBM is the largest and most well known education based corporation within Korea offering career opportunities with chance of advancement throughout various division.