IELTS TEACHER/TRAINER/ INSTRUCTOR - Ankawa-Erbil/Kurdistan
Job Title: IELTS TEACHER/TRAINER/
INSTRUCTOR Job Category: IELTS/Academic and General Training
Department/Group: English-IELTS Job Code/ Req#: CUT
Level/Salary Range: TBA Position Type:
HR Contact: email@example.com
Date posted: December 31, 2015
Will Train Applicant(s): Posting Expires: January 29, 2016
To teach, instruct and train Catholic University in Erbil’s test-takers/ learners both formats of IELTS: Academic and General Training to prepare them for doing the real IELTS test and maintaining the standards required by the IELTS professional support network and the British Council. Please send your CV with a covering letter by the due date to the above mentioned email.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To set the diagnostic test questions to identify learners’ test scores before the commencement of the IELTS preparation course.
• To develop the IELTS preparation course materials including mock exams in line with the British Council guidelines.
• To prepare course outline and pacing chart for the purpose of delivering it in a well-structured method of teaching within the set timeline/duration of the course.
• To prepare lesson plans and deliver them in an effective way to all learners according to the IELTS standards.
• To engage learners in classroom activities and supervise them during the self-study time.
• To keep a daily record for students’ attendance, activities, and progress using different assessment tools and entering it into the system.
• To actively participate in the assessment process, using different techniques and provide effective, timely and suitable feedback to learners to support their learning.
• To provide, check and return homework.
• To encourage learners use all intended language skills in their daily life and measure their daily improvement.
• To make sure that the classroom is managed in a way that guarantee an interesting, friendly and encouraging environment.
• To conduct mock exams at all levels and for all modules on a continual basis to familiarize learners with the expected real test styles.
• To mark the mock exam papers related to the course taught.
• To develop, prepare and use relevant supplementary materials.
• To maintain discipline in the classroom, create vibrant and sound learning atmosphere in the classroom.
• To direct learners towards browsing the IELTS related websites to better prepare themselves to the real test and achieve high scores/results..
• To participate in invigilating exams to provide support for students when it is required.
• To conduct formative and summative assessment on the course taught.
• To work towards establishing real IELTS test center at Catholic University in Erbil.
• To attend training when needed and as per the University management instructions.
• To assist in marking and remarking mock exam papers and provide the test-takers with appropriate feedback.
• To communicate, consult and cooperate with other faculty and University management to ensure the best interest of learners.
• To cooperate in allowing the AQC and/or other observers to conduct observations in the classroom.
• To perform all the assigned duties by the English HOD in line with the University rules and regulations.
• To conduct a second and last test by the end of the course to measure the progress in learners’ level compared to the first test results.
• To maintain standards of procedures, rating and customer service as outlined in the professional support network and British Council policies.
• To analyze all students results and make the necessary recommendations
• To analyze on a weekly basis the mock exam results and generate reports for the concerned parties.
• To undertake any other related duties as requested by the English HOD.
• To report all the work to the line manager, the English HOD.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum requirement is a 3 years degree of full time academic study in any discipline obtained from an English speaking country’ university.
• Native English speaker.
• TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/DELTA qualification/certificate from a recognized institution or EFL/ESOL related studies/certificate from a recognized institution or a degree in Education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on English Language).
• An IELTS training certificate or experience preparing students for IELTS will be an advantage.
• A minimum of three years’ full time TEFL teaching experience (or equivalent part time) is required. Almost all of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
• Excellent command in English language.
• Result-orientated, able to work under pressure, meat the deadlines to achieve results.
• Knowledge of current trends and developments in language teaching methodology.
• Attention to detail and accurate completion of tasks.
• Ability to respond effectively to guidance, advice and feedback.
• Observes the need for confidentiality and security.
• Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and differences.
• Demonstrates professionalism to the expected standards.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal, time management, presentation, dependability, problem solving skills.
This is a description of the job as it is currently constituted. Catholic University in Erbil preserves the right of updating and reviewing it where necessary to ensure that it is a true reflection of the job needed.