EFL teaching minutes from Morocco’s famed Djemaa al-Fna!
The American Language Center of Marrakesh has positions starting September 1st, 2016, and possibly sooner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (sorry, no exceptions allowed):
• Native speaker of English with US, Canadian, UK or Australian citizenship
• B.A. + CELTA, TESOL (or an equivalent 120-hour, classroom-based course TEFL certification with practical teaching)
• At least one year of overseas EFL teaching experience (full-time)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• 158-175 Dirhams per contact hour (approx. $16.00 – $17.50) (Example: post-tax monthly salary based on 18 contact hours per week paid at 166.50 Dirhams per hour is approximately $1,000 per month).
Options for extra teaching hours are available after you have completed the first session.
• Reimbursement of airplane ticket to Morocco up to 5,000 Dirhams (approximately $500)
• Airport pick up in Marrakesh or Casablanca upon arrival + arrival support
• Free 3 star hotel accommodations for up to 10 days after arrival + full board
• Settling in allowance to buy furnishings for apartment (10,000 Dirhams = approximately ($1,000)
• Monthly housing allowance in addition to salary up to 2,000 Dirhams (approximately $200)
• Monthly tax-free meals/transportation stipend of 900 Dirhams (approximately $90)
• Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
• Return airfare upon completion of 1 year contract (up to 5,000 Dirhams) and round trip ticket for a renewed contract (up to 10,000 Dirhams)
• One month vacation + approximately 6 more weeks of holidays & breaks between sessions during which teachers receive their full monthly salaries
• Survival Arabic language lessons
The American Language Center Marrakesh is a member of the American Cultural Association, a private, non-profit association with 11 language centers located in Morocco. All classrooms have flat-screen TVs with USB ports and ACs. Our staff room is stocked with supplementary materials. Our center and annex each have a café for our students & teachers to enjoy.
We are looking for full-time teachers (18 contact hours per week or more) who are familiar with and supportive of the communicative approach to language acquisition. This includes a student-centered classroom with regular, varied pair work and group work activities. We are interested in teachers who keep teacher talk time to a minimum.
Other opportunities available:
- Lead clubs for students - weekly meetings conducted in English on a wide variety of topics (such as US History & Culture or Movies).
- Assist with projects such as exam proofreading and involvement in our English for the Vision-Impaired Program.
Professional development opportunities offered through the ALC include in-house workshops and the annual all-ALC conference.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION: Interested applicants should send a current CV; a 1-page cover letter briefly describing your teaching philosophy and why you would like to teach with ALC Marrakesh; scanned copies of relevant diplomas, certificates and the first page of your passport; and 2 letters of recommendation from supervisors (with their e-mail addresses) to:
Jordan Earl, Director
Notes: Only candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted for this position.
Please visit our website (http://www.alcmarrakesh.com) for more information.