Looking for a teaching position in the Center of Seoul, Korea?
If you are a strong candidate teacher, please apply now.
We are JES island, Seoul Forest branch and there are five more other branches in Seoul, Daejeon, and Shang-hai, China. We are an early childhood English learning center and looking for a full-time foreign teacher. It is the responsibility of applicant to have read and understood all information provided by JES before submitting an application. We would like to draw your attention to the following job responsibilities, skill set required and application considerations prior to applying, all of which is assumed the applicant agrees to by virtue of submitting an application.
The English Language Teacher (ELT) is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing our curriculum that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with JES Island’s core values and policies.
Number of opening: 2
Starting/Ending date: March 2nd , 2016-February 28th, 2017 (1 year contract)
Location: Center of Seoul, nearby Oksu subway station (line 3)
Age group: Kindergarten to Elementary students from grade 1~3
Salary: 2.2mil KRW~2.3mil KRW
Working hr: 9:00am-6:15pm (Lunch is provided) on MWF
9:00am-5:30pm(Lunch is provided) on Tue/Thu
under 30hrs of teaching per week
Housing is provided or housing allowance of 400,000 KRW per month
One-way airplane ticket if the teacher is coming from his/her home country or a ticket on the way back home is provided. If staying in Korea 700,000 KRW after completing the contract is provided
Completion bonus after finishing one year contract(worth one-month salary)
• Works as part of a team
• Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
• Works independently with little direct supervision
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academy goals
• Display effective multi-tasking and time management skills
• Our academic year begins with 2-3days paid orientation. Therefore prospective teachers have to be in Korea at least five business days before the commencement of employment.
• JES Island welcomes applications from non-qualified or non-experienced teachers but preference will obviously be given to qualified applicants, i.e. teachers, be they in full-time teaching employment or not at the time of submitting an application, or those with education qualifications. Preference will also be given, in no particular order, to the applicants with previous Korea experience, those with ESL experience and / or qualifications, those with previous experience working with the young.
If you are interest in working with us, please send your resume and self intro video clip or demo teaching video clip to firstname.lastname@example.org (The documents for apply visa should be ready by the instructor and we will sponsor your visa when it is ready)