Looking for a volunteer management opportunity in Thailand and Indonesia?
Day-to-day maintenance of the center’s programs and initiatives, in the effort to provide a Are you looking for a long-term volunteer management opportunity?
IHF is looking for hard-working, dedicated volunteers to commit their time and talents for one year contract at our children’s home in Thailand (3 months) followed by our children`s home in Indonesia (9 months).
Our center in Thailand is a home for seven older children from a nearby hill tribe. Teenagers from this marginalized community come to our center for a stable home and the chance for an education. Your role would include fostering a familial environment for the children, overseeing their education and managing the various needs and activities of the center.
After your 3 months in Thailand you will have an option of going to one of our Indonesian centers (at your own expense) for the next 9 months.
In Indonesia, we have four education centers in Bali, Jakarta, Medan and Banda Aceh.
Our Jakarta center provides a home to a small number of children. All Indonesia centers hold English, Math and Computer classes for disadvantaged children aged 6-17 to supplement the limited Indonesian public education system.
IHF is a grassroots, all-volunteer organization with no central office, so co-Directors complete 4 hours of international work daily that consists of various administrative
- Your role will be to manage the daybetter opportunity for children’s futures. You are asked to complete at least 4 hours a day of local work and 4 hours a day of international work, 6 days a week.
- Your role would include organizing various activities and classes at the center.
- You will be responsible for the care and supervision of our many volunteers at the center.
- A key part of the role in Thailand will be the resolution of the legal and immigration requirements of the Thai government.
- All co-Directors manage one or more of our international task teams, such as University Relations, Fundraising, Volunteer Recruitment or Media.
- You will work closely with co-Directors at other centers to manage these teams and will receive unique training in a multi-level, multifaceted system. You will be assigned your teams according to your experience and skills.
- Before arrival at the center, you will already become a part of the team by completing pre-trip tasks with our international teams to gain an understanding of the kind of work you will be doing.
This work can be challenging, but you will hone your time management skills and learn intimately how an NGO functions at both the ground and administrative levels. You will leave IHF with new highly transferable skills, a better understanding of international NGOs, and an unforgettable experience that will last the rest of your life.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- Volunteers must commit to serve at least one year at the center.
- We value volunteers who are creative and innovative, willing to take responsibility and easily adapt to new conditions and unexpected situations.
- We welcome applicants with any background, but prefer degrees in social studies, language, education, medicine, law, and social work.
- Experience traveling, working or volunteering abroad will be an asset.
- We require candidates have 1-2 years working experience in any field.
- Experience with teaching and/or children is crucial.
- Minimum age requirement is 24.
Each IHF center is a product of its environment and follows the cultural code and norms of its host country. So must our staff. Our volunteers must have high intercultural sensitivity and be tolerant to different views and ways of life.
Basic accommodation and food is provided by IHF. You are a volunteer at the center and all local tasks completed are done so without pay. As a co-Director, you will receive a small monthly stipend. This stipend results only from the international online work. The stipend is broken down as follows:
&nb sp; First 3 months: Training period $20 per month
&nb sp; 3-6 months: Assistant co-Director $50 per month
&nb sp; 6-9 months: Co-Director $80 per month
&nb sp; 9-12 months: Co-Director $100 per month
Strict IHF Policy: These stipends are fixed. They will not be raised for more experienced applicants, and everyone will be upgraded according to the timeframes outlined above and no sooner. There are no exceptions to this, regardless of what may be the situation in the center.
Please familiarize yourself further with our organization reading the IHF Annual report 2014 that contains the latest information about IHF Centers, Programs, Achievements, Finances and many more at http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1317609/1928b08739/TEST/TEST/ and our blog, where you can find stories of current and former volunteers http://ihfblog.wordpress.com/home/
We were given a 2013 Inspiring Story -- Responsible Tourism Award! Read more about it at http://rt.wildasia.org/2013/10/25/2013-inspiring-stories-destinations /.
See our great ratings at http://greatnonprofits.org/reviews/international-humanity-foundation-1/.
If you’re ready to apply please send a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and any questions to email@example.com