Academic Management Positions Available at ILA Vietnam
Come Work in Vietnam at ILA!
We are looking for Academic Coordinators, Assistant Academic Managers and Academic Managers, to join our successful management team at ILA Vietnam.
Why Choose Vietnam?
Few countries can offer ELT professionals a lifestyle that compares to Vietnam and an opportunity for teachers to immerse themselves in a truly diverse culture. Vietnamese people are warm and hospitable and teaching in Vietnam is made extremely positive by the cultural appreciation of learning and the profound respect they have for teachers.
The cost of living is low, which means you can enjoy a fantastic standard of living yet still save money. The choices of lifestyle opportunities are immense. In the daytime there is a large array of activities such as shopping, going to the spa, seeing historical sights, or taking a day trip. You can stay healthy by playing football, going swimming, doing yoga, joining a five-star gym ($50 usd) or have a relaxing full-body massage ($4 usd).
Every night you can choose a different restaurant to dine in, from Vietnamese cuisine to one of the largest selections of international fare in Asia. If you enjoy a drink in the evening, there are plenty of bars, clubs and breweries to choose from. All of this is at a fraction of the cost of back home.
Vietnam has an extensive coastline which means the beach is never far away and opportunities for diving, surfing and other beach activities are extensive. Vietnam is also home to two World Heritage sights, Ha Long Bay and Hoi An. The Central Highlands are famous for their cool mountainous climate, numerous minority groups, and spectacular waterfalls. Furthermore, travel throughout Asia is easy; the number of reliable and inexpensive flight carriers means that there’s no shortage of choice of exciting, exotic, regional destinations, all just a few hours away.
Why Choose ILA?
You will find few opportunities to match those offered by ILA Vietnam. ILA is Vietnam’s leading English language training organisation. We currently have seven training centres, with four centres in Ho Chi Minh City and one each in Ha Noi, Da Nang and Vung Tau, and we are growing steadily.
We currently teach over 9,000 students and employ over 190 expatriates in a wide range of teaching, academic management and administrative positions. Our centres are designed, built and equipped to the highest standards, thus providing teachers, employees and students with an excellent study and work environment. We place a strong emphasis on academic quality and this is reflected in our approach to teacher recruitment, development, support and management.
What Positions are Available?
There are 4 salary scales, depending upon experience and qualifications, ranging from $27,600 - $34,200 per annum.
The role involves giving on going support to teachers including inducting new teachers, giving on-going teacher training, helping teachers with finding resources, and assistance with preparing lessons. They also develop resources and teaching materials as well as conducting workshops.
Assistant Academic Manager
There are 4 salary scales, depending upon experience and qualifications, ranging from $30,600 - $39,900 per annum.
This person will assist with the day to day management of teachers in ILA Vietnam’s largest training centre in Ho Chi Minh City. The Assistant Academic Manager will also work closely with the other Assistant Academic Managers as well as the Academic Managers and Academic Coordinators. You will be part of a team which strives to deliver the best possible environment, resources and support for its teachers to ensure that the highest quality of teaching is delivered to our students.
There are 4 salary scales, depending upon experience and qualifications, ranging from $33,600 - $45,900 per annum.
The Academic Manager will manage a new centre opening in Ho Chi Minh City, in March 2008. The centre will offer programmes for Young Learners and Adults and corporate clients.
The Academic Manager is responsible for the day to day management and development of all teachers in their centres as well as the management of any academic staff. The main focus is on teacher management and quality control. Support and training is provided by the Senior Academic Manager.
Remuneration and Benefits
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive financial and benefits package to teachers, which is based on qualifications and experience.
Highlights of the Financial Package
• Highly competitive monthly salary
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by ILA
• Relocation allowance
• Paid national holidays (approximately 30 days per annum)
• Contract completion payment
• Contract re-signing allowance
• World-class facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Opportunities to get involved in ILA's charitable network
• Option to transfer between our training centres and to progress into senior positions
• Initial accommodation and airport pickup provided free of charge upon arrival
• Free Vietnamese language lessons
• Great social network including quarterly and annual social events, paid by the school
What are the Opportunities for Charitable Work?
ILA prides itself on being involved with and giving something back to the local community and has therefore established the ILA Community Network. Staff and employees can volunteer in charitable projects that include both fundraising events and volunteering options at shelters, orphanages, or the Cancer Hospital.
Please visit our website at http://www.ilavietnam.com/about/community.asp?lang=eng for more information.
For all of above positions, the applicants need:
• University degree: This must be an undergraduate degree or higher
• To be a Native English Speaker
• A Qualification in English Language Teaching (CELTA or equivalent)
• 1 - 2 years teaching experience (experience with young learners and adults preferred)
For Assistant Academic Manager and Academic Manager positions, the following are also required:
• DELTA / Masters in TESOL or equivalent [or part completion thereof] for an Assistant
Academic Manager position
• DELTA / Masters in TESOL or equivalent for an Academic Management position
• 3 years’ teaching experience, preferably with adults and young learners
I’m interested! How Do I Apply?
Please forward by email the following to our recruitment department:
1. Full CV, dated and with references
2. Copy of passport page with details and photograph.
3. Cover letter, stating which training centre and which position you are applying to
4. Soonest realistic start date.
For further information about ILA Vietnam, available positions or applicant requirements, visit our website at http://www.ilavietnam.com/careers.