TED Malatya College is one of the 35 schools of the Turkish Education Association. As a distinguished civil society organisation, the Turkish Education Association has a grand vision for the country, stimulating civil initiative in the area of education and playing an effective role in the endeavor to protect, maintain and develop the values of civilization. Our mission is to establish schools that offer high-quality education in Turkish and foreign languages and extend experience to all levels of education from pre-school to university level across the country. We want to create scientific platforms to take Turkish educational standards to contemporary levels and conduct research projects to raise social awareness regarding problems and solution for the existing system of education. We will take an active role in the formulation of the Turkish education policy.
At TED Malatya, we are currently seeking four enthusiastic and sociable native English teachers to teach in Kindergarten, Primary School, Middle School and/or High School. Applicants must be willing to work up to 30 teaching hours a week and during our Summer School program. Our school is located in Malatya, which is a city in the Central-Eastern region of Turkey. It’s close to historic sites like Mt. Nemrut and the city is primarily known for apricots, which are sold worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Education is preferred, but other related degrees may be considered
- TESOL and/or CELTA certificate
- Minimum of 3 years previous teaching experience with children between the ages of 7-16 preferred
- Minimum of 2 professional references (personal and professional)
- Pedagogical formation included (Master of Education)
- Age between 25-55
- Desired characteristics: sociable, friendly, hard-working, responsible, enjoys working with children, energetic
- $1,600 monthly salary
- Health insurance provided by the school
- Transportation to and from school
- Lunch provided at school
- Holidays: 2 weeks during the semester break in January/February and 4 weeks in summer
- Days off for Christmas and Easter
All interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to: