The American Language Center Tangier is a member of the American Cultural Association, a private, non-profit association with 12 language and cultural centers located in Morocco.
We are looking for full-time teachers (21-24 contact hours per week) who are familiar with and supportive of the communicative approach to language acquisition. This includes managing a learner-centered classroom with regular, varied pair work and group work activities. We are interested in teachers who keep teacher talk time to a minimum and manage students’ time effectively.
Other opportunities available:
• Lead clubs for students - weekly meetings conducted in English on a wide variety of topics (such as US History & Culture or Movies).
• Assist with projects such as exam proofreading, educational event planning and coordination, cultural projects and contributing to community service and civil society-building initiatives
Salary• 158-188 Dirhams per contact hour depending on experience and qualifications. Averaged post-tax monthly take-home based on 21 or 24 weekly contact hours paid at 168 Dirhams per hour is 9,800 dh [@70hours/month] or 10,975 dh [@80hours/month].
• Free 3 star hotel accommodations for up to 14 days after arrival
• Settling in allowance of 10,000 Dirhams paid within 5 days of arrival
• Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
• One month paid vacation
• Survival Arabic language lessons
Reimbursement of airplane ticket to Morocco up to 12,000 Dirhams (approximately $1,200) upon completion of 1 year contract
How to apply: Interested applicants should send a current CV; a 1-page cover letter briefly describing your teaching philosophy and why you would like to teach with ALC Tangier; scanned copies of relevant diplomas, certificates and the first page of your passport; and 2 letters of recommendation from supervisors (with their e-mail addresses) to:
Mark Holbrook, Director
Notes: Only candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted for this position.
Please visit our website ( www.alctangier.org ) for general information.