Fields of Expertise: School Supervision & Management
Details: PRINCIPAL VACANCY AT Summit International Academy, Irbid, Jordan.
Summit International Academy first opened in September 2015 and has since then experienced rapid growth with a total of 200 students currently enrolled. The school ranges from Kindergarten through to Upper twelfth Grade (from age 4 to 18). Summit International Academy follows the American syllabus that leads to SAT exams. It is accredited by Accreditation International.
Summit International Academy occupies an attractive site in the north part of Jordan. Jordan is a safe country for expatriates and the weather is fantastic. Facilities include purpose built classrooms, IT labs, a library, 3 spacious science laboratories.
We are looking for a suitable candidate (American / British) who has at least 10 years experience in education and at least 3 as a Principal/ Head Master. Our offer is a good expatriate package with a 2 year contract to start mid July 2016.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRINCIPAL AT SUMMIT INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the principal will have responsibility for all academic and organization within the School, assuming a leadership and decision making authority.
The Principal must be a dedicated, resourceful education professional with proven ability to do the following:
• Create and monitor policies and practices that promote a safe learning environment
• Ensure effective working relationships and a school culture that encourages continuous improvements for teachers and students.
• Develop an environment that encourages open communication with colleagues, students and the community.
• Nurture effective Team working skills.
• Evaluate individual team and whole school accountability through rigorous school self-evaluation, inspire, challenge and motivate others.
• Be well aware of international education trends, strategic planning processes, communication strategies, new technologies, change theory, creativity and innovation.
The Principal will also be responsible for the following duties:
• Management of the allocation of duties to teaching and support staff to ensure the effective and efficient performance of the school’s teaching, research and service functions.
• Induction and mentorship of new school staff.
• Be the initial contact for new students.
• Lead teams for academic assessment of new students. Counseling parents about student progress, discipline issues etc.
• Manage exam time tables for the school as well as the Term time table (period and work allocation) for the school.
• Lead the Staff meetings.
• Evaluating and approving the staff lesson plans or schemes of work for the term. One to one meetings with teachers, class room observations and teacher evaluations.
• Curriculum development
1. Ability to modify curriculum for special needs students to promote a positive learning experience.
2. Prepare objectives and outlines for different courses of study and their comprehensive evaluation, both formative and summative at different year levels.
3. Oversee and control process of teaching, syllabus completion and establish a feedback mechanism
• Staff development, working with Management in the organization of staff training, identifies staff development opportunities both within and without the School.
• Working with the School Administrator in regards to resource allocation in respect of the general operation of the School.
In addition to the above, the Head of the School will be an ex officio member of the Management Team and will contribute to the overall management and continuing development of the school in that capacity. S/he will be expected to familiarize her/himself with most aspects of School activity.
Interested candidates should send their CV to: