Albanian International School is an international school located in Tirana, the capital city of Albania. We are looking for dedicated teachers who are flexible and ready for the challenge of both teaching multiple subjects in a classroom setting and committed to helping the school grow by being active in the community.
Albanian International School has been in operation for five years and is fully accredited by the Ministry of Education and Sport and we are progressing through the WASC international accreditation process.
Albania is a beautiful country full of gorgeous beaches and snow-capped mountains and the cost of living is among the lowest worldwide. It is bordered by Montenegro, Kosovo, the Republic of Macedonia, Italy and Greece. Albania achieved democracy in 1990, and is rapidly becoming a top tourist destination. Albania was recommended as a top travel destination by Lonely Planet and in 2014, Albania was nominated as the number 4 global tourist destination by the New York Times. Come experience life in Albania and the excitement of being in on the ground floor of a new, modern institution of excellence in education. We would invite any hard-working educator who desires to help a country improve its education system to inquire with the school itself.
Starting Date: September 2016
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. BA or BS degree from an accredited university
2. The Original Diploma and a copy of your Grade Transcript signed by the University’s Dean and Rector
3. Previous teaching experience and/or valid teaching certification
4. Native fluency in English
5. Basic IT proficiency
6. Native citizen of the U.S., U.K., Australia, New Zealand or Canada or education obtained in one of the aforementioned countries
7. Criminal records check issued by the teacher’s home country dated within the last 6 months. We require official checks issued by the relevant government agency only. No third party background checks accepted. US citizens are required to submit BOTH a Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) and FBI criminal background check.
1. Follow the curriculum standards
2. Develop daily lesson plans for all subjects which are subject to review by the Head Teacher
3. Assist with occasional extracurricular activities outside of school hours
4. Help build the school's reputation and student recruitment through community outreach and occasional marketing events outside of school hours
5. Write short monthly articles for the school newsletter
6. Complete all grading and lesson plans in a timely manner
7. Support students when needed by providing additional assistance with daily assignments and projects
8. Highly organized and punctual
1. Round trip airfare from and to country of origin for foreign hires
2. Rent free modern apartment (teacher pays only for utilities, internet)
3. The work permit and visa tax fees are paid by the school
4. Albanian state medical insurance paid by the school
4. Residence permit: The school pays for the Employee’s Albanian state tax and residence permit.