English Language Instructor Opportunities in Saudi Arabia, Fall 2014
Are you seeking an employer with excellent salaries and benefits that include paid leave, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and much more? Well, look no further.
Posted By: AMIDEAST
Date: Saturday, 28 June 2014, at 11:19 a.m.
AMIDEAST, a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa, has an exciting POSITION TITLE: ESL Instructor
LOCATION: Saudi Arabia (Eastern Province)
START DATE: October, 2014
BASE SALARY: $72,000 (U.S.), payable in Saudi riyals
ESL instructors teach up to five (5) hours per day for a total of 24 hours weekly, including in-class instruction and CALL labs. They are responsible for meeting the English language learning needs of Saudi trainees ages 18–22 in classes averaging 16 trainees at Saudi Electric Services Polytechnic’s Juaymah Training Center. Instructors follow the established curriculum and comply with course assessment policies and procedures. In addition to teaching, duties include lesson preparation, marking homework and class assignments, student consultation, and administrative duties relating to instruction. Instructors may also be involved in curriculum development on an as-needed basis. Applicants with LMS management experience are encouraged to apply and may be considered for part-time assignment to that function.
• Teach 24 hours per week
• Supervise Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) lab sessions
• Prepare lesson plans, mark class and homework assignments
• Provide office hours for student consultations and advice
• Give course quizzes and tests in accordance with program requirements
• Mark tests and record grades using the learning management system
• Keep accurate student attendance in the student information system
• Attend and participate in staff meetings as required
• Implement academic quality assurance mechanisms, including student mid- and end-of-course evaluations
• Participate in ongoing professional development
• Utilize the learning management system (LMS) for instructional and administration purposes
• Demonstrate professional behavior at all times
• Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to student learning
• Fluent English speaker
• Citizen from the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa (subject to visa availability)
• A bachelor’s degree in ES/FL or a suitable subject area from an accredited Western university (master’s degree in the field preferred)
• CELTA (or equivalent) certified
• A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant teaching experience at the secondary, technical, or tertiary level, preferably in the MENA region
• Knowledgeable, experienced and enthusiastic about using educational technology for teaching purposes
• Familiarity with and respect for the multicultural diversity and traditions that exist in Saudi Arabia
Renewable one-year, single-status contract includes generous tax-free salary, housing/transportation/utilities/communications allowances, personal effects shipment, airline ticket(s), paid summer break and Saudi national holidays, health insurance, and end-of-service gratuity.
• To apply: click on https://apply.amideast.org/ATS_CLIENT/ . Scroll to the Saudi Arabia ESL Instructor job listing where you will be able to apply online. Once you create your account, you will need to upload your CV and a cover letter; additional documents will be requested from candidates being considered for interview. Kindly indicate the date you are available for work in your cover letter and/or in the relevant data field. .
Under the director of the Country Director, the AMIDEAST/Saudi Arabia Director of Training will be responsible for overseeing the office’s professional training portfolio. The portfolio should feature a combination of English language, basic management skills, testing, and test preparation programs and courses that address the specific training needs of a wide-ranging audience, including high school graduates, university students, recent university graduates, and mid-career professionals, among others, as determined by a thorough assessment and analysis of market needs. The Director of Training is also responsible for generating new business for the organization through a systematic approach to market research and analysis, as well as through meetings with prospective and current clients.
In addition, the Director of Training is responsible for designing and developing training programs and courses which are delivered either as stand-alone events or as components integrated into multi-dimensional training solutions.
Furthermore, the Director of Training is responsible for designing and implementing a monitoring and evaluation system to ensure the quality of the training programs and courses offered at AMIDEAST and the relevance of the training solutions to academic studies and the workplace. The Director of Training is responsible for recruiting a pool of qualified trainers that will deliver the training programs and courses in various locations throughout the country.
The Director of Training will coordinate all professional training initiatives and activities with the AMIDEAST/Saudi Arabia Country Director. This position requires occasional in-country travel to other cities, to client locations, and to training venues.
Specific responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct a rapid needs assessment of the professional training needs and requirements of target audiences.
• Develop a plan for establishing the office’s professional training portfolio.
• Write proposals and prepare associated budgets in response to identified training needs, ad hoc requests, requests-for-proposals, and requests-for-quotations.
• Identify qualified subject matter experts who employ learner-centered instructional methodologies and techniques to serve as trainers.
• Design training curricula based on the needs of defined target training audiences.
• Manage special initiatives related to specific training programs offered through agreements with corporate clients and professional associations.
• Manage the annual budget for the training department.
• Compile and maintain statistics for all training programs.
• Establish and maintain regular contact with the human resource departments of companies, government institutions and entities, and employment agencies.
• Write accurate and timely reports on training activities for internal and external purposes, as required.
• Establish training program management systems for the office, including a database of current and prospective clients.
• Closely monitor the implementation of all training activities and takes corrective actions in a timely manner in order to ensure quality of instruction and client satisfaction.
• Work collaboratively with other technical departments to integrate relevant programs and services into training initiatives as required, including cross-selling and marketing full range of AMIDEAST’s programs and services to potential and current clients.
• Handle general administrative requirements associated with this position.
• Recruit and manage training department staff, as required.
• MUST BE AN AMERICAN
• A Bachelor’s degree in education, business administration, human resource development, or related field.
• A minimum of seven years of work experience in a training management position.
• A minimum of five years of demonstrated curriculum development experience.
• An entrepreneurial mindset.
• Effective planning and management skills.
• Outstanding written skills in a professional context.
• Demonstrated ability to focus on quality and details.
• Excellent organizational, record-keeping, and problem-solving skills.
• Proactive, self-initiated, and collaborative working style.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Master’s degree in Instructional Systems Design, Human Resource Management, Teaching English as a Foreign Language, or a related field.
• Current Project Management Professional certification.
• Arabic language proficiency.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other managers when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Please visit our on-line application system, https://apply.amideast.org/ATS_CLIENT, and submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.