YBM Language Institutes (YLI) is seeking qualified candidates to lead its team of teachers at its center for adult language learners near Konkuk University in Gwangjin-gu, Seoul. Starting date for this one-year (renewable) contract position is December 1st, 2016.
The Senior Instructor reports directly to the Center Director for YBM Kondae Station and the National Academic Director of YBM Language Institutes. The Senior Instructor is responsible for hiring, training, and development of instructional EFL staff, as well as regular student placement / level testing, and scheduling of classes (some teaching will be required). Good communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to handle a wide variety of job duties are essential.
• 7am – 2pm, Monday through Friday (daily schedule may be adjusted to meet student needs).
• Some Saturday teaching and/or administrative work (above overtime rate).
• Salary: commensurate with work experience and academic qualifications
• Housing: deposit of up to 10,000,000 KRW + 200,000 KRW monthly housing stipend
• Contract completion bonus
• Tuition discount on Korean / Japanese / Chinese language classes offered at YBM
• Severance pay, pension, and medical insurance in accordance with Korean law
• 10 vacation days + Korean national holidays
• Over 2 years teaching experience with adult EFL learners
• Bachelor’s degree (postgraduate degrees preferred)
• CELTA/TESOL qualifications preferred
• Prior supervisory experience in an EFL context preferred
• Bilingual speakers of English and Korean preferred
To apply for the above positions, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment history, and employment references).
• Scanned copy of passport information page
• Scanned copy of federal-level criminal record check with affixed apostille ( notarized copy of a
fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens)
• Scanned copy of university diploma with affixed apostille
• If residing in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back) and signed letter of release.
• Recent photo.
The complete set of documents (above) is required for all applicants, regardless of current visa status and prior length of stay in the Republic of Korea. No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email