Job Vacancy : Teacher K-9 Math/Science (URGENTLY REQUIRED)
Teacher K-9 English Language (URGENTLY REQUIRED)
Location : Takla Landing, in Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Position : Full-Time position
Takla Lake First Nation is seeking K-9 Canadian Certified Teachers for the Nus Wadeelzulh Community School in Takla Landing to teach Math/Science as well as English Language. Takla Landing is a beautiful remote community in Northern British Columbia, Canada approximately 360km from Prince George, British Columbia. The Certified Teachers are expected to have Science and Math background as well as English Language background to teach K-9 students. Experience with the ‘Read Well’, Reading Mastery and BC Literacy and Numeracy Curriculum are an asset.
Nus Wadeelzulh Community School is located in Takla Landing in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. We believe that teachers are integral and important people in the lives of our children. We have high expectations of our teachers as we have high expectations of our students. The successful applicant will:
• Be a great communicator who perseveres when faced with challenges
• Be a subject expert in Science and Math and in English Language as well as a Generalist in other subjects
• Possess solid instructional skills and will be capable of delivering BC Ministry of Education curriculum in a culturally responsive manner.
• Be a Canadian Certified Teacher that is willing to transfer your certification to British Columbia
• Be student focused and assess student learning using student lesson and work plans
• Demonstrate excellent classroom management skills and have the ability to engage students to promote learning and confidence in a variety of ways.
• Experience teaching in a First Nation School
• Embrace continuous professional development
• Embrace a school-wide approach to teaching
A Competitive Salary is offered in accordance to the BC Teachers Salary Grid and includes a comprehensive benefits package. Subsidized housing is available adjacent to the school. Remote and Relocation allowances will be paid.
Interested Applicants:-Education Degree and Canadian Teacher Certification are required
-Subject expert in Science and Math as well as English Language background are an asset
-Solid instructional skills and capable of delivering BC Ministry of Education curriculum in a culturally responsive manner
-Criminal Record check is required to work as a Teacher
- 2-3 years’ experience working with Aboriginal Children
Please submit your cover letter, resume, copy of qualification and teacher certification, copy of a Criminal Record Check and three professional references to Takla Lake First Nation, Human Resources Director, Dr. Nicole Cvenkel at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org