URGENT TEACHERS NEEDED IN PIMENTEL/CHICLAYO, PERU
Academia Superior-Idiomas (ASI) is seeking motivated, TEFL-certified teachers capable of meeting our high standards for our new English education program. ASI offers a two-year regular program; a 3 1/2 year weekend program; and a course for children from families who cannot typically afford English classes.
ASI teachers will:
• Teach one or more two- or three-hour classes of up to 15 students
- ASI offers English classes on weekday evenings and also on the weekend
• Take part in marketing the ASI English Program
• Take part in creating and editing the English books and workbooks distributed to students for daily use in the classroom
• Take part in teacher training activities
• Take part in our efforts to evaluate the English program
Teaching positions are unpaid, but ASI teachers have an opportunity to develop their teaching skills while learning Spanish from the native Spanish speakers who teach our classes. ASI also houses its teachers with other ASI interns free of charge.
Since its inception in Ecuador in 1988, Academia Superior de Idiomas has been a language school offering high quality Spanish classes to all of its foreign students at locations in Ecuador and Peru. Our vision has always been to provide an optimum level of Spanish learning that is unmatched anywhere in South America.
We are located in Pimentel, Peru, a small beach town 25 minutes away from Chiclayo, the fourth largest city in Peru. Pimentel and Chiclayo are a bus ride away from nearby historical and cultural sites and other cities including Chachapoyas, Cajamarca, and Trujillo. Apply today for an opportunity to learn Spanish and explore northern Peru, while working for a growing international company.
Duration: 3-12 months
Start date: Open
• TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certification – Certification course can be in progress at the time of application
• Native English Speaker
Required Language Skills: English - Very good
Education Level Required: High School
• Free participation in our Spanish language course for 8 weeks at 20 hours a week and 4 weeks at 10 hours a week
• Free housing in one of our residences with fellow interns and Spanish students
• Free Peruvian breakfast and lunch everyday
• Reimbursement of up to 100 Peruvian nuevo soles each month to help cover food and living expenses
• 3 vacation days each month
• Teacher training and mentoring from our Academic Department Directors
• Participation in ASI events (e.g., barbecue, weekly salsa lessons)
Contact Name: Academia Superior de Idiomas
Contact Phone: +51 74 452412
Copyright © 2004-2017 - ESL JOBS - English teaching jobs - All Rights Reserved