The Cambridge Academy is a small, friendly school with eleven teachers located in Oaxaca City, Mexico. Our school offers ESL classes to children, teens and adults and is registered with the Mexican Educational Authority and as a TOEFL ITP centre.
Director of Studies
We are looking for a Director of Studies with strong communication and organizational skills. Our preferred candidate will have at least two years teaching experience and experience in managing teams/teachers.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of running a course: placement testing, course programming, ongoing course monitoring, and assessment.
We expect the DOS to guide teachers through recruitment, mentoring, training, observation, regular feedback and meetings.
The DOS will liaise closely with administrative staff, teachers, and the school Director to provide support for the administration of the centre.
This position has a flexible schedule based on the needs of the school; however, it requires 25 hours of work per week, including evenings and Saturdays.
- Applicants must have at least 2 years of relevant teaching experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- The successful candidate must be a team player. A community spirit and the ability to foster growth in staff is essential.
- A commitment to the pedagogical and commercial development of the centre is essential.
- Applicants must have a BA and a CELTA or TESOL certificate.
- Experience in teacher training
- Leadership experience
- Spanish language proficiency (Intermediate or higher)
- Experience serving as a TOEFL ITP exam proctor
Please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.