Chinju National University of Education (CUE) (http://www.cue.ac.kr), one of the foremost teachers colleges in Korea, is accepting applications for a one-year renewable position beginning March 1, 2017.
POSITION: Full-time English Conversation Instructor
CONTRACT PERIOD: March 1, 2017 - February 28, 2018 (renewable)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: As soon as possible
- Native speaker of English
- M.A. in TESOL/TEFL/English Education.
- Relevant teaching experiences
- 2.3 million won/month for an M.A. holder
(Any teaching hours over 16 per week will be paid as overtime.)
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaching English conversation classes to university students, 16 hours per week (plus extra hours at overtime), Monday through Friday
- An M.A. holder in TESOL/English Education may teach at Graduate School on Saturday morning classes (overtime payment). One Saturday off per month in that case.
- Active participation and involvement in official university and department events
- Office hours, staff meetings, and work-related responsibilities
- Fully furnished one-room apartment located nearby campus
(Instructor will be required to pay for utilities and additional services, such as telephone cable, electricity, gas, internet, etc.)
- A total of 12 weeks paid summer and winter vacations (6 weeks per vacation) when you complete one-year contract
Foreign travel is allowed within 30 working days a year
- One-time one-way airfare reimbursement
- Severance pay (equivalent of one month's salary) upon completion of one-year contract
- 50% coverage of medical insurance
- Private classroom and spacious office (shared with another foreign instructor)
- Excellent working conditions
- Resume and cover letter
- Recent photo (Within 3 months)
- Copy of passport information page
- Two letters of recommendation regarding your teaching ability and character from previous employers in the field of education
- Apostille (criminal background check, diplomas or graduation certificates of B.A & M.A) (If you are a resident in Korea now, just submit a copy of it)
- Transcripts in sealed envelope
- Health Self-Statement
Only eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview. Before the interview, resume and cover letter, recent photo, copy of passport information page, and recommendation are mainly needed. If there is no contact until one week after your sending your documents to me, it may mean you were not selected to make an interview.
The chosen applicant will be required to submit Apostilled diplomas or graduation certificates and criminal background check, which will be returned to you after they have been authenticated.
CUE is located in Jinju, which is a peaceful and beautiful city situated in southeastern Korea, not far from Busan. Unlike many national universities in Korea, CUE is large enough to offer many excellent benefits and facilities to our instructors, but it is small enough that it possesses a friendly atmosphere and a unique campus culture.
The students of CUE, who are studying to become elementary school teachers, are intelligent, enthusiastic, and talented individuals. This is a truly rewarding opportunity for educators who are passionate and energetic about teaching.
Please forward a resume, a cover letter with a recent photo, and a copy of passport information page, and a recommendation to:
For any further information:
Prof. Kim, Jungsook
Department of English Education
Chinju National University of Education