The aim of this position is to support students, parents, the teaching and learning team and admissions team to ensure that high quality teaching and learning is consistently taking place.
Data collection, analysis, critical thinking and report writing will be a significant aspect of this role.
The ability to work with discretion and ensure private and confidential data is secure is essential.
Effective monitoring and analysis of the quality assurance systems and
communication to convey findings to the leadership and management team.
Provide additional support and guidance for the teaching and learning and admissions team based upon evidence from the data analysis.
Lead on the Academic Support Service, proving support and guideance for students.
Ensuring continuous improvement is taking place across the whole centre.
Details will be provided during the recruitment and selection process.
- Educated to degree level (minimum) ideally with teaching experience
- Able to manage a wide range of tasks independently
- A critical, reflective thinker who is able to problem solve
- Ability to effectively collect, collate, monitor, analyse and present a wide range of statistical information (verbal and written).
- Excellent communication skills as the L, D & Q Leader will work with students of all ages, BLC teams and need to present complex data in accessible formats
- The L, D & Q Leader will be familiar with the QQA and National Qualification (NQF) frameworks and standards
- a covering letter explaining why you are applying for this position and how your skills/experiences meet the role description and requirements
- CV highlighting your previous roles and responsibilities
- A passport photograph and scans of your qualifications