Pichilemu Language School
By the Pacific Ocean
Pichilemu, Capital Del Surf, Chile
If you are passionate about teaching the language of Shakespeare, if you like experiencing new cultures, if you like small towns by the beach, if you like sharing your time with community, if you like surfing, yoga or walking on the ocean’ shore, if you like sand in your shoes or if you prefer no shoes at all… if you like sharing a nice coffee with good-hearted people or maybe prefer a tête-à-tête with a breathtaking sunset, if you would like to live an amazing experience and share with us all what makes you a great teacher, we are presently looking to welcome two new English teachers to our small and lovely Pichilemu Language School’s team.
The English program in Pichilemu Language School is a community-oriented project that has been offering quality and accessible English classes to all “Pichileminos” since 2005. Teachers in our team are people that believe in community-oriented work, are adaptable and want to be positively involved in our school and in our community.
We are offering:
- A one-year working contract starting beginning of January 2017 (this includes access to health insurance in Chile). We may also have a position starting end of February 2017.
- 35 working hours per week (up to 30 teaching hours)
- Free Spanish classes
- A salary of $350,000 Chilean Pesos monthly (this is net, after tax deductions)
- Help and assistance with accommodation as well as with your visa
- Help with getting you into surfing if you wish
- An authentic and fabulous cultural experience
- Open-minded, creative, proactive
- Good communication and adaptability skills
- Passionate about languages and community
- English Native speaker
- University degree
- English teaching diploma and/or certificate
- Teaching experience
- Someone who will commit to one-year contract
If you feel that this position would be a good fit for you, please send us your resume and a short letter introducing yourself and telling us why you would like to be part of our team. Send everything to the following email address:
*We will be revising all the resumes that we receive, but will unfortunately be una-ble to get back to everyone. Therefore I want to thank you all for applying and for your interest in our school and in our community.