We have a sliding pay scale that sets compensation for each teacher based on their experience
and credentials. The pay scale is as follows:
-Starting salary: $2,300
- Chinese language skills: $75
- University degree: $175
- ESL certificate: $75
- Teacher’s certificate: $75
- Master’s Degree: $175
- Montessori certificate: $150
- 1 year: $75
- 2 year: $75
- 3 year: $75
- We typically offer twelve-month contracts with an option to renew for a second year.
- We do offer a shorter contract for teachers who wish to do other things in the summer,
with benefits and incentives pro-rated accordingly.
- Teachers are welcome to eat the food served during lunch. Lead teachers have an hour of personal time from noon until 1 p.m., followed by 90 minutes of prep time. (Workday for lead teacher is from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM)
- We have 11 national holidays per year. In addition, teachers may take off a religious holiday per their beliefs (e.g. Christmas, Hanukkah). Each foreign lead teacher has approximately 10 personal days of leave per year (contract dependent).
- Each year we have two “Golden Weeks” where the entire country is on vacation for 7 consecutive days: one time for National Day on October 1 and a second time for Spring Festival (late-January or early-February). Teachers often request off a week before or after a Golden
Week to allow for a two-week vacation. Other times, teachers may save their personal days to go back to their home country for a longer vacation (e.g. two weeks for Christmas).
- Lead teachers work from Monday to Friday or from Tuesday to Saturday.
- The workday for a lead teacher is from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Each day there are 4 hours of
time in the classroom, 3 hours of prep and a one-hour break.
- Lead teachers are paired with a co-teacher who assists during all class sessions. Our co-Teachers are bilingual and assist in maintaining order in the classroom. Each group of students has a caregiver whose primary role is to make sure the children use the bathroom, wash their hands.
- Our students range in age from 2.5 to 5.5 years old.
- Each class consists of up to 18 children. Every class has a lead teacher, a bilingual co- teacher and a caregiver. The student-teacher ratio is never more than 6:1.
- Native teachers from countries: America, England, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
- Hold Bachelor degree
- Hold Teaching certificates
- Have at least 1 year teaching experience
How to Apply
- Send us your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
- Please leave your email address, Skype ID and phone number so we can call you.
- We are excited to have you join our school.