TAIWAN: Teaching Positions With Well-Established School Celebrating Its 30th Anniversary! Starting Date: Jan 2017 – Apr 2017
I. CURRENT VACANCIES
● Language Department (LD) position: 1-2 openings for November 2016 and 3-4 openings for April 2017, teaching ESL/EFL to children mainly aged between 6 and 12
● Kindergarten (KD) position: 1-2 openings for November 2016 and 1-2 openings for January 2017, teaching ESL/EFL to children aged between 2 and 6 with limited classes for children aged between 6 and 12
Teachers in all positions work 8 hours a day (9 office hours with 1 hour break in between), 5 days a week, Monday to Friday. Fixed monthly salary is guaranteed even if the teacher’s weekly teaching hours are not met. Teaching hours that exceed the weekly maximum or falls outside of a teacher’s normal working hour bears extra pay.
II. BENEFITS PROVIDED
● STABLE MONTHLY SALARY: NT$56,000 – NT$68,000 with overtime pay and guaranteed salary even if the contracted teaching hours are not met.
● VARIOUS OTHER BONUSES: Partial airfare compensation, seasonal performance bonus, end of contract performance bonus, contract renewal bonus, etc.
● HOLIDAYS: Six days paid leave per year. All relevant National Holidays (~11 days) given as paid leave.
● WORK VISA & ARC: Work permit, ARC, and National Health Insurance provided. Application process taken care of by the school.
● ACCOMMODATION: Free for the first two months so teachers have more time to look for their own place.
III. TEACHERS WE LOOK FOR
● English native-speaking educators with a passion for teaching (prior teaching experience NOT necessary)
● A Bachelor’s Degree (in any discipline)
● Can commit to a 15-month contract
● Clean criminal record
● TESOL/TEFL/TESL/CELTA certificates preferred (but not required)
IV. APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested applicants should e-mail the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. An interview invitation will be sent should the applicant pass the document screening process. We also screen resume year-round.
● Proof of nationality (photo of your passport’s picture page)
● A copy of Bachelor’s degree diploma (and/or higher degree)
● Two references with contact email addresses
● A copy of TESOL/TEFL/TESL/CELTA certificate (if available)
● Criminal record check (if available at the time of application)
V. OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to develop and enrich the lives of children through the teaching of English. We stress not only the development of each student’s English language ability, but the total development of their character and well-being. Nurturing our children with love and joy is the utmost principle at KNES.
VI. OUR SCHOOL
Founded in 1985, Kang Ning English School (KNES) is a private English school that offers both kindergarten and elementary to secondary level English education. Our Kindergarten Department (KD) receives students from age 2 to 6, and provides both full-English and bilingual programs. Our Language Department (LD) has students mainly between ages 7 and 12. Both KD and LD programs have well-structured curricula, and all classes are conducted in English only.
We pride ourselves as a professional English educational institution that always puts our students first. Teachers are our most valuable asset in delivering the highest quality education to the students. We provide a positive, stable, and supportive educational environment to our teachers. We currently have more than 15 full-time English-native-speaking teachers from all over the world, and are planning to increase the number as the school expands.
VII. OUR LOCATIONS
Five operating branches located in Zhudong Township (or spelled as Chutung or Judong) and two in Zhubei (or spelled as Jhubei) City. Branches are within 15-30 minutes of drive from each other.
Zhudong is a medium-sized town with a population of 100,000. There are 4 universities and 3 colleges nearby. By car, it takes 30 minutes to get to the beach and 5 minutes to the mountains with nice hiking trails. There is bus that runs directly to downtown Taipei (the capital and biggest city of Taiwan) with a ride of about 90 minutes. Neighboring areas (within a 30 minutes drive) include: Zhubei City, Hsinchu City, & the Science Park. There is frequent bus service that operates between Zhudong and Hsinchu City.
Zhubei is the biggest city in Hsinchu County with a population of 170,000. It is also the county capital and hosts the county government, county council, court, and other government departments. The High Speed Rail (HSR) has a stop in Zhubei which connects the city to Taipei in less than 30 minutes. Zhubei is a modern city with the latest infrastructure and is very residential. You may find all kinds of restaurants in Zhubei.
To apply, e-mail the above information to email@example.com. Or visit our website at www.kangning.com.tw for more information.