Computer Literacy Online Tutors - Skooli Online Tutoring
Earn extra money with your computer skills with Skooli online tutoring! Skooli is now accepting applications for university-level computer literacy tutors.
More about this position and Skooli:
- We’re starting a brand new computer literacy-specific initiative; you'll be working as an online tutor for university students with a Skooli partner school to teach introductory computer literacy students.
- Skooli facilitates student achievement by connecting students with tutors for 1-to-1 personalized learning sessions in a digital classroom
- You will use innovative online teaching tools to aid learning, including an interactive whiteboard, screen sharing, graphing, file sharing, and more.
- Tutors are expected to be available online for tutoring for a minimum of two peak times per week and may set their own availability otherwise (Sunday evening, Monday evening, Thursday evening - are peak times)
- Successful candidates will be dedicated, flexible and confident explaining concepts in operating system software, the Internet and productivity software (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, etc.)
Qualifications & Requirements:
Successful candidates will:
- Be in the final year of study of a Bachelor’s or Master’s program, with an A minus (first class honors) average or higher. A completed Bachelor’s degree is desirable, but not essential
- Have good communication skills
- Have strong experience and understanding of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Have teaching, tutoring or coaching experience
Teaching Job Benefits:
Hourly wage: $15 USD/hour
Tutors have unlimited earning potential and hours are not capped.
Start Date: January - March 2017, with the possibility of extension.
Schedule: Peak demand times are Monday, Thursday and Sunday evenings. Tutors are expected to be online two of those three times per week. Consistent response to student messages and requests is mandatory. Otherwise, tutors are welcome to set their own schedule.
Please send your resume and unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15 at 3 pm to submit your application. Only successful candidates will be contacted for a Skype interview.