Job Title: CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY TEACHER Job Category: Academic
Department/Group: English Job Code/ Req#: CUT
Level/Salary Range: Starts at US$2000 (it depends) Position Type: Full time
HR Contact: email@example.com
Date posted: January 5, 2017
Will Train Applicant(s): yes Posting Expires: January 31, 2017
To efficiently and effectively teach, learn and educate Catholic University in Erbil students according to curriculum framework adopted by the University, besides of undertaking the duties associated with teaching and learning process in order to achieve the University goals and objectives.
Please send your CV with a covering letter by the due date to the above mentioned email.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To plan, prepare, develop, and deliver lessons for the specified subjects to all students according to the University teaching system.
• To actively participate in the assessment process, using different techniques and provide effective, timely and suitable feedback to students to support their learning.
• To involve and engage students in classroom activities to ensure that the learning process is taking place.
• To make sure that the classroom is managed in a way that guarantee an interesting, friendly and encouraging environment.
• To mark the designated part of the exam papers related to the courses taught.
• To follow up on students results and performance in coordination with the academic quality assurance and preparatory year coordinator.
• To participate in invigilating exams to provide support for students when it is required and avoid any cheating.
• To design, prepare and develop teaching materials required in the area of specialty.
• To conduct student evaluations for the courses and teachers performance, analyze the data and discuss findings with them.
• To write up research and prepare it for publication and supervising students’ research activities.
• To attend the faculty meetings, and participating in implementing the decisions made.
• To carry out administrative tasks related to the University such us involvement in committees.
• To attend training when needed and as per the University management instructions.
• To assist in internal moderation to get the fairness in grading.
• To communicate, consult and cooperate with other faculty and admin members to ensure the best interest of students.
• To take the students attendance, entering it into the system and reporting it to the designated department.
• To cooperate in allowing the AQC and/or other observers to conduct observations in the classroom.
• To professionally deal with any students’ disciplinary matters arise during the time students are inside the University campus.
• To perform all the assigned duties by the HOD in line with the University rules and regulations.
• To analyze all students results and make the necessary recommendations
• To check on and assist struggling students and prepare individual plans for them in coordination with their teachers.
• To check on the exam schedules and arrange for the makeup and/or retake ones.
• To analyze on a weekly basis the exam results generate reports for the concerned parties.
• To moderate internally all English courses exams with assistance from English teachers.
• To analyze all exam reports/results and follow up on the failing students by assisting teachers in setting the action plans.
• To liaise with the external assessor for mutual purposes
• To assist new students in writing the essay about the reasons they chose Catholic University
• To make recommendation for the English students who are on the border line of the preparatory year
• To produce teaching quality assurance reports by the end of each semester to the MHESR.
• To maintain database for the faculty and provide the MHESR with the requested data about them.
• To report all the work to the line manager: Vice Chancellor for admin and academic affairs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum requirement is a degree in the related discipline/area. To teach pre-freshman students. a Bachelor degree in English language is acceptable as well. Teaching certificate is an advantage.
• To teach English language needs to be native English.
• Computer literacy in using MS package.
• 2 years or more proven teaching experience and knowledge in the area of specialty.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Excellent communications, interpersonal, time management, presentation, dependability, problem solving skills.
• To be self-motivated and able to take decisions as appropriate in the due course.
• To be proactive, able to work under pressure and meet the deadlines in a team work environment.
This is a description of the job as it is currently constituted. Catholic University in Erbil preserves the right of updating and reviewing it where necessary to ensure that it is a true reflection of the job needed.