TAIWAN, HSINCHU - Well-Established School Looking for Passionate Teachers! Immediate Start & Positions Available in Summer 2017
I. CURRENT VACANCIES
• Language Department (LD):
• Openings: Immediate Start & Summer 2017
• Position: teaching ESL/EFL to children mainly aged 6-12
• Average Class Size: 12 students
• Working Hours: Mon-Fri; 12:30 - 9:30 pm (inc. 1-hour break)
• Kindergarten Department (KD):
• Openings: Summer 2017
• Position: teaching ESL to children aged 2-6; with limited EFL classes for children aged 6-12
• Average Class Size: 15 students (with co-teacher present)
• Working Hours: Mon-Fri; 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (inc. 1-hour break)
II. BENEFITS PROVIDED
• GUARANTEED MONTHLY SALARY: NT$56,000–NT$68,000 (depending on relevant experience)
• BONUSES: monthly attendance bonus, partial-airfare compensation, seasonal performance bonuses, end of contract performance bonus, contract renewal bonus, etc.
• ORIENTATION PERIOD: free accommodation and utility during orientation period. Transport to remote branches provided.
• HOLIDAYS: six days paid leave per year. All relevant National Holidays (~11 days) given as paid leave.
• WORK VISA & ARC: work permit, ARC, and National Health Insurance provided. Application process taken care of by the school.
• ACCOMMODATION: rent-free for first two months. School can assist with finding accommodation.
• OTHER BENEFITS: western-style management, free lunch provided each work day, curriculum and materials provided for majority of classes, friendly work environment.
III. TEACHERS WE LOOK FOR
• Are educators with a passion for teaching (prior teaching experience NOT necessary)
• Are able to create engaging and well-managed classes
• Are willing to commit to a 15-month contract
• Are from the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand (for visa-related reasons)
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree (in any discipline)
• Have a clean criminal record
• TESOL/TEFL/TESL/CELTA certificates preferred (but not required)
IV. APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested applicants should e-mail the following documents to email@example.com. An interview invitation will be sent should the applicant pass the document screening process. We also screen resumes year-round.
• Proof of nationality (scan of your passport’s picture page)
• Proof of education (scan of your Bachelor’s degree diploma or higher degree)
• Two references with contact email addresses
• Copy of TESOL/TEFL/TESL/CELTA certificate (if available)
• Criminal record check (if available at the time of application)
V. OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to develop and enrich the lives of children through the teaching of English. We stress not only the development of each student’s English language ability, but the total development of their character and well-being.
VI. OUR SCHOOL
Founded in 1985, Kang Ning English School (KNES) is a private English school that offers both kindergarten and elementary to secondary level English education. Our Kindergarten Department (KD) receives students from age 2 to 6, and provides both full-English and bilingual programs. Our Language Department (LD) has students mainly between ages 7 and 12. Both KD and LD programs have well-structured curricula, and all classes are conducted in English only.
We pride ourselves as a professional English educational institution that always puts our students first. We provide a positive, stable, and supportive educational environment to our teachers. We currently have more than 15 full-time English-native-speaking teachers from all over the world, and are planning to increase the number as the school expands.
VII. OUR LOCATIONS
Five operating branches located in Zhudong Township (or spelled as Chutung or Judong) and two in Zhubei (or spelled as Jhubei) City. Branches are within 15-30 minutes of drive from each other.
Zhudong is a medium-sized town with a population of 100,000. There are 4 universities and 3 colleges nearby. By car, it takes 30 minutes to get to the beach and 5 minutes to the mountains with nice hiking trails. There is bus that runs directly to downtown Taipei (the capital and biggest city of Taiwan) with a ride of about 90 minutes. Neighboring areas (within a 30 minutes’ drive) include: Zhubei City, Hsinchu City, & the Science Park. There is frequent bus service that operates between Zhudong and Hsinchu City.
Zhubei is the biggest city in Hsinchu County with a population of 170,000. It is also the county capital and hosts the county government, county council, court, and other government departments. The High-Speed Rail (HSR) has a stop in Zhubei which connects the city to Taipei in less than 30 minutes. Zhubei is a modern city with the latest infrastructure and is very residential. You may find all kinds of restaurants in Zhubei.
To apply, e-mail the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit our website at www.kangning.com.tw for more information.