We are now recruiting instructors for the Spring 2017 term.
We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 320 instructors every year.
Westgate is a major force in shaping the future of Japanese education.
We are a gateway to career development for highly motivated professional English instructors around the world.
Find out more about Westgate and apply at http://www.westgatejapan.com/
**** ATTENTION ****
We are also looking for candidates with the following background and experience:
- Master's degree or higher
- Total 3 years or more (or at least 6 or more terms/semesters) experience in teaching university/community college (all subjects).
***** UNIVERSITY PROGRAM (FULL-TIME) *****
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach at a Japanese university. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realizing the dream of exploring a foreign country.
- Native speaker of English with a passport from one of the following English-speaking countries; USA, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Ireland, or New Zealand.
- University graduate with a bachelor's and/or more advanced degree and one of the following:
a) actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience along with EFL/ESL teaching certificate and/or elementary/primary/secondary teaching credentials/qualifications
b) 1000+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates or credentials/qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
3) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- SPRING TERM -- April / May to July (approx. 3 to 4 months)
- FALL TERM -- September to December / January (approx. 3 to 5 months)
Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
- 260,000 yen per month for those with less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience and a teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications
- 275,000 yen per month or more for those with 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience and a teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications, or 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates or credentials/qualifications
- HOUSING is provided. We will arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT in an amount of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
***** HOW TO APPLY *****
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. There you will find more program information and any conditions that apply. Although it takes a few moments to complete the application form, you will find it worthwhile. Entering your information into our database streamlines the application process: http://www.westgatejapan.com/