Teach in Indonesia!
About EF English First East Java
EF English First is part of EF Education First, the largest privately owned English language teaching organization in the world,
founded in Sweden in 1965 by Bertil Hult.
EF Eduka Group, the East Java and Bali franchisee, runs eleven very successful schools in East Java and two in Bali. We employ
more than 100 native speakers, so we have regular positions available for teachers. The next positions are available as early as
July, 2014 for our teachers in Surabaya, Sidoarjo and Malang.
Surabaya is the economic hub for eastern Indonesia and its ethnically diverse population is known to be among the friendliest and
most tolerant in the world.
Sidoarjo is ideally located for visits to Bali and the historic and cultural attractions of Java, and also to the other islands of the
Indonesian archipelago. Sidoarjo is only 25 km from Surabaya, but it still retains a small-town atmosphere.
Malang is situated about 90 kms south of Surabaya and surrounded by mountains. It is acknowledged as one of the most
attractive towns in Java and has some lovely old Dutch architecture.
Our Academic Programs
* Class size is limited to 15, but averages about 10. Students range from pre-school students to adults. English levels range from
beginner to advanced.
* Teachers are provided with comprehensive syllabuses for every course, but are encouraged to adapt them for their individual
teaching style and their students’ needs.
* Most of our classes meet in our schools in the afternoons and evenings on Mondays to Fridays, and also on Saturday mornings.
A teacher’s classes are scheduled on five days a week (Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday), with two consecutive days off
in a week (Saturday-Sunday or Sunday-Monday).
* Teachers will also be assigned to teach online classes.
What you offer
* A TEFL certificate from reputable institutions, such as the TEFL, CELTA, TESOL or equivalent, with a minimum of 100 hours’ study
that includes observed teaching practice.
* a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in English Literature/Education/Linguistics is REQUIRED by the Indonesian Education Department. If you do
not possess any of these degrees, we are unfortunately unable to process your application.
* a TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) certificate issued by Cambridge. This is a requirement for all native-speaking teachers working
with EF. The test can be taken after the teacher arrives, at the teacher’s expense.
* Should you be accepted for a position, we will also need a hospital/ doctor’s certificate stating you are in good health. This is
one of the Indonesian government’s requirements for native English speakers teaching in Indonesia. Upon job offer, we will also
need our recruits to be certified by Info Cubic at the recruits’ expense.
What we offer
* A renewable one-year contract with a salary allowing a comfortable lifestyle and travel within Indonesia. Salary ranges between IDR 11,000,000 and IDR 12,000,000, depending on location.
* One-way airfare from country of hire, and airfare to country of origin upon completion of contract.
* Full working visa.
* A bonus of one month’s salary upon contract completion.
* Approximately 35 paid vacation days per year. These include 15 days of personal vacation, two weeks each year when our
schools are closed, and additional public holidays as declared by the government (approximately 10 days per year).
* Health insurance.
* Teachers have the option to stay in a fully furnished house shared with other EF teachers. Rooms are air-conditioned.
* A dynamic and supportive working environment with great opportunities for career development. Most of our senior academic
staff have been promoted from within the group.
* A free online Indonesian language course. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please kindly mention
where you found our vacancy in your application.
We regret that due to strict immigration regulations we can only consider applicants who are nationals of Australia, Canada, New
Zealand, the UK and the USA.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org