Apollo Junior is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated young learner teachers to join our Bắc Ninh team.
Bắc Ninh is a small town located to the north-east of Hanoi. Well known for its folk music, it is a pleasant town with a growing economy. Teachers here will enjoy a slower pace of life and an authentic taste of Vietnamese living, whilst the global brands and shining lights of Hanoi are only an hour away.
Apollo Junior offers a range of young learner classes, teaching 3 to 17 year olds with the goal of creating a rewarding and high quality learning environment. We have 20 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam with training centres across the country.
At Apollo you can expect:
• A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
• A wide range of resources and modern facilities
• A variety of courses and learners
• Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
• Opportunities for career development
• Planning communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
• Participating in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members.
• Teaching across our range of levels, ages, and courses
• Administering and marking course tests
• Writing student reports
• Conducting placement testing
• Teaching off-site classes, as required
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 18-25 hours per week. Classes run from 7:30am to 10:00pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Teachers are given two consecutive days off.
Essential requirements for all teaching positions:
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL or equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9
• Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
• 4 months’ validity on passport
Teachers with previous Young Learner experience will be prioritised
• Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus
• Overtime payment
• Three (03) weeks of hotel on arrival (for teachers from oversea). Hotel for teachers relocating from other cities in Vietnam will be decided case by case.
• Work permit costs covered by Apollo
• Fully paid leave: up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 10 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
• Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: www.apollo.edu.vn www.teachatapollo.com
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Ms. Ngan Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To Edit or Delete this posting: