Thailand is a dynamic and competitive economic hub located in Southeast Asia. It is a vibrant and strategic destination for leisure and business, as well as home to many companies looking for regional and international expansion. However, despite compulsory English education in schools, Thailand’s English level remains one of the lowest in Asia, hindering business opportunities nationally and regionally.
LEARNx is a 1-1 online video call platform for English language learning designed to improve the speaking level of working adults in Thailand. The platform connects native, near native, and fluent English speakers worldwide with local Thai audiences to provide a safe, personal and convenient English _speaking_ practice environment. To complement the online platform, LEARNx additionally provides an offline community of practice workshops and activities to support language learning.
Join us in our journey to empower Asia’s workforce! We are looking for an amazing and talented team of “coaches” to be part of our product development process for a two-month pilot, with several opportunities for further involvement.
Job Description: English Language Coaching
- Using a skype-like interface, communicate with students for 30 minute lessons. Lessons will be scheduled according to Thailand’s timeclock (GMT+7).
- Engage students in English language learning using the LEARNx pedagogy.
- Guide/Coach students on how to use the English language in various real-life situations (ex: work settings).
- Provide a comfortable and safe atmosphere for students to practice speaking English.
- Provide user feedback and recommendations on teacher recruitment, onboarding, materials/resources, as well as content & curriculum development.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in any field (preference for education)
- Preferred English Teaching Certificate (CELTA, TEFL, TESOL) OR minimum one year language teaching experience
- Native, Near Native, or Fluent English Speaker
- Friendly, patient, creative, energetic.
- Proficient in basic technology.
- (Tech requirements: microphone, headphone, high speed internet, computer with camera)
- Availability to teach at least 12 lessons per week (30 mins/lesson), a total of 6 hours.
- Preference for North American candidates, but open to other nationalities. Thai speaking candidates are welcome to apply.
- An invitation to join a developing exclusive network of select English teachers.
- An opportunity to work with an emerging and growing Asian market.
- Cultural exchange with Thai working adults in various industries and multinational companies.
- Opportunities for content writing, teacher training, and workshop facilitation.
- Professional development in online language training.
- Rewards for meeting teaching targets, timely teaching, coach/student referrals, and new coach support (following pilot stage).
- A community of support from our core team, tech team, and (up and coming!) online social networks.
Based in Thailand, our core team at LEARNx is bilingual in English and Thai, diverse in skillsets, with educational backgrounds from institutions such as Columbia, Stanford, Elon, HULT and Princeton.
Email email@example.com with your CV and a 1-3 minute demo video so we can get a snapshot of your teaching style.
Deadline: May 22 2017