We are looking to expand our native speaker teaching team to continue carrying out our successful and exciting English learning program.
Washington English Center was established in 2008 with a mission to provide quality English lessons at affordable tuition so that every child is given an opportunity to learn English with foreign teachers. Our headquarter building currently cater to 800 students age 4 to 15 years old learning general English to test preparation courses.
Please take the time to read over the details below of the position and email us with your application. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you.
Details of Position:
• 20-25 USD per hour based on experience and qualifications
• Completion bonus from $800 to $1,000 depending on duration of contract
• No deduction is taken from monthly salary.
• Setup of a local bank account
• Receive training to improve teaching skills
• Teaching the provided syllabus using ESL methods
• Creating and administering engaging speaking activities
• Administering mid-term and final tests
• Participating in mandatory training workshops and meetings
• Attending special school events
• In certain circumstances, working or covering at the English center
• Regular communication with our office
• Teacher’s package includes information, curriculum, and teaching materials
• Approachable and friendly working environment
• English speakers from America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the UK
• Relevant College Degree (4 years)
• CELTA or TESOL certificate or other teaching equivalency
• At least 1 year of teaching experience
• A clean Police Clearance Check
• High level of in class Energy
• Enthusiastic about teaching ESL
• A professional attitude and appearance
• Able to teach in a Language Center and Partner School classroom
• Able to produce a Neutral Accent during lessons
Desired Skills and Attributes:
• Flexible: willingness to adapt to new environment and change
• Self sufficient: Ability to manage oneself in a new cultural environment
• Culturally sensitive: desire to interact with other Vietnamese teachers and respect the culture differences
• Creative: ability to solve problems quickly and come up with interesting and dynamic lesson plans cater to the needs of Vietnamese students
• Experienced: at ease with large classes, various approaches to ESL teaching giving different teaching setting preferably in public schools
• Mobile: flexible in adjusting to transportation and traffic in Hanoi
• Committed: desire to follow through different projects at hand and complete until the end of contract
Position start dates in May 2017.
Method of Application:
• Please email your CV, current Photo, and Cover letter to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line of “Your Name Full-Time ESL teaching position”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Washington Language Center Hiring Team