Singular Acadèmia d'Anglès
( www.singular.ad ---- www.facebook.com/www.singular.ad )
We’re a modern English academy located in the center of Andorra la Vella (2.5 hours away from Barcelona) formed by a diverse team of qualified and dedicated English teachers. We are looking for a professional, like-minded and dynamic person to join our team who would be available to move to Andorra by mid-July. (Singular reimburses flight expenses).
At Singular Acadèmia d’Anglès setting high standards both for our students and staff members is key. Our methodology is highly interactive with small groups (maximum 4 students). Successful candidates must be comfortable working with varied student profiles. Our ideal teacher would be someone whose passion for teaching is exemplified in meeting our teaching standards.
Skype interviews will be scheduled over the following 2 weeks.
***REQUIREMENTS*** (candidates must meet all of them):
· Native English speakers only
· ESL teaching certification and ESL teaching experience (minimum of 2 years abroad)
· Ability to successfully explain grammar-related points to ESL learners.
** Grammar explanation assessment in the form of error correction is part of the interview process and successful candidates must meet this requirement. E.g. explain why the following sentences are incorrect using grammatical explanations: “I have seen this film last week” / “The office is clean by another company” / “Swim is good for the back”, etc.
***WE ARE OFFERING***
· A 12-month contract (open-ended thereafter)
· A work permit for both EU and non-EU citizens
· Between 25 and 28 teaching hours per week
· Set base salary (corresponding to 25 hours per week) + variable salary (paid prep time, meetings and any extra teaching hours): average salary approximately 1,700€ for the first year at Singular. Annual raises apply to the first 2 years for those who consistently have positive feedback (both student and internal).
· A modern and fully supportive work environment including ongoing professional development.
· Aid with accommodation and adaptation
Stage 1) Please fill out our online application form: http://singular.ad/singular-career-opportunities.php (successful candidates must meet all the requirements).
Stage 2) Mail your CV to email@example.com with a recent photo specifying approximate availability.
Stage 3) Should you match our profile, we’ll send you detailed information about Andorra and Singular and what we’re offering and looking for in potential hires.
Stage 4) Skype interview: Approximately an hour-long interview to get to know you as a teacher, including grammar explanation assessment.
Stage 5) Skype practice class with a group of students (not the same day as the interview). Material and student information provided in advance.