We are seeking innovative and qualified educators to join the faculty at our leading co-educational international school. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of the Common Core State Standards and American school curriculum.
- Classroom Teacher, Grades 1 through 4 (These are NOT ESL classes, but the students are ELLs.)
- You must have the minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in elementary education (Master's degree preferred)
- You must also possess a valid teaching certificate, specifically elementary education
- You must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience (preferably in an international school setting) with the relevant age group (years count only after being certified) and be native English speakers
- You must have at minimum, a basic knowledge/experience related to assessment for learning, curriculum development, professional learning communities, project-based learning, differentiated instruction, and standards-based grading.
K-12 Art Teacher
-You must have a minimum of BA in Art Education
-You must be certified to teach Art
-You must have a minimum of 2 years teaching experience in the US or in an international school setting (years count only after being certified)
-You must have at minimum, a basic knowledge/experience related to assessment for learning, curriculum development (e.g., Understanding by Design), professional learning communities, project-based learning, differentiated instruction (e.g., SIOP) and standards-based grading.
- Start date: August 1, 2017
- Work hours: 8A.M. - 4:30P.M. (Instruction hours: 8:30A.M. - 3:15P.M.)
- Benefits (health, pension, severance, housing allowance, RT plane ticket every two years)
- Starting salary: 2.25 million KRW per month (salary scale increases depending on the years of experience)
We strive to inspire and foster students with a passion for learning and to cultivate excellence in teaching and learning, compassion, personal expectations, and creativity through an international experience so that each student grows to be a well-rounded global leader.
We are in a building and creating phase. We are a small and young school, so we need people who are motivated, proactive, and adaptable.
We are a community of learners. We are self-reflective practitioners who work together to persevere, meet challenges, and forge pathways around and through obstacles. We view our mistakes as learning opportunities and rejoice in each other's successes. We engage. We explore. We strive. We place the well-being of our students at the core of our teaching and learning practices. This shines true in the way we facilitate classes, assess mastery of skills and concepts, and scaffold our learners. If this sounds like the type of environment and community you would like to be a part of, then you might be a perfect match for us!
To apply, please send us your cover letter, resume, sample instruction video, and email addresses for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those who meet the minimum qualifications AND have sent all of the items listed above will be considered. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
UPON HIRING Diploma (apostilled), certifications, FBI criminal background check (completed within 6 months of application and apostilled), and proof of valid passport (no less than six months from expiry)